CKAN Implemention?

Julian.

This Is... A Stupid Idea... Since CKAN Never Found The Most Updated Version Of Infernal Robotics And Failed To Uninstall Some Things. Other Things Failed To Be Installed And Froze The Game. My Idea Is Simply To Put It Into The Mod Section And Or Have It Revamped. If Needed People Could Use This As A Bug Report System.

Current Bugs I Have Found: Uninstall System Freezes During Uninstalling Of Some Mods   Installation System Freezes During Installing Of Some Mods

These Bugs Are The Same Thing But Opposites? I Guess?

Official CKAN support? Not going to happen, also not wanted by quite a few, including me; for the very reason you are complaining about. Had you installed/uninstalled your mods manually you wouldn't be having these issues right now. (Remove everything from your gamedata folder that isn't the Squad folder than re-install your mods from scratch.)

Also, you should really post this in the CKAN thread, or possibly gameplay suggestions.

Also, also, you should also stop capitalizing the first letter in every word.

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

Seems to me you are discussing improvements for CKAN, so I moved the discussion to Add-on Discussions. Please let me know if I misunderstood. 

17 minutes ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Also, also, you should also stop capitalizing the first letter in every word.

He Can Capitalise As Much As He Wants, We Don't Police Writing Style :P

2 hours ago, Julian. said:

Since CKAN Never Found The Most Updated Version Of Infernal Robotics

There hasn't been a real release of IR for a little while now, I think. Lurking in the thread, the current way to get it working seems to involve a mish-mash of the official release and assorted contributed DLLs pulled down from assorted sources. Until there's a real release marked as compatible with 1.3 CKAN won't be able to install it.

It's a shame, it's a pretty awesome project. :/

2 hours ago, Julian. said:

Current Bugs I Have Found: Uninstall System Freezes During Uninstalling Of Some Mods   Installation System Freezes During Installing Of Some Mods

If you'd like to submit a bug report, it really should consist of:

• Full details of what you did ("Launch CKAN. Change filter to show installed mods. Select mod x. Hit uninstall button.").
  • What you expected to happen ("Expected mod to be fully removed and all related files removed from GameData")
  • What actually happened ("Client paused for a long time. Here's the full text of the error message it eventually gave me. CKAN still thinks the mod is installed and all files are present.")

The more detail that goes in to these things, the better. As it stands right now, without even knowing which mods you were installing or uninstalling, this isn't a bug report.

Well It Never Actually Gave Me An Error Message. I Expected The Mod To Be Fully Removed And Honestly I Launched It, Selected Mod, Then Hit The Uninstall Button. Then I Waited, Got Impatient And Closed CKAN. But The Snacks Mod Stayed. Eventually I Uninstalled CKAN And The Current Mods I Had. I Think You Might Have Expected This Ending To Be Honest...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.