Can you help, please?

Install them the same way you always do, except that the path is Steam/steamapps/common/KerbalSpaceProgram/GameData.

Or use CKAN.

I bought it through steam and my path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData. Your friend's may be different based on where the Steam Installation is.

Edited by DeltaDizzy

First have him make a copy of the game directory (everything inside the "Kerbal Space Program" folder)  on the local hard disk and then install mods to that location.   Keep the steam copy of the game pristine. Installing mods in the steam directory is problematic since whenever steam updates to a new KSP version, all your mods will break.  

Once he's done that, there are two ways of installing mods:

1.   Manually  -  99% of the time, this just boils down to copying and pasting a folder into the Game Data folder.  Occasionally there are some more steps involved but the mod hosting site will have instructions.
  2.  CKAN - This is just a user interface that does the above for you.  The advantage is it's easy to keep track of when a mod has an update available and you just check a box and hit apply update when you want to install a new mod.  The disadvantage is not all mods are hosted on CKAN and it can sometimes mess up mods if you don't' uninstall and reinstall.

sfvYl0k.png

9 hours ago, cratercracker said:

The problem is that his system is MacBook.

And he kinda can't find it.

8 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

1. Log into Steam

2. Right-Click Kerbal Space Program

3. Click Properties

4. Click Local Files

5. Click Browse Local Files

6. Install into Gamedata

If I'm not mistaken, Mac tends to bundle application folders as if they were a single file: when you double click what (on a Windows machine) would be the KSP game folder, instead of opening a folder explorer it runs the game executable. I don't know if Steam's "Browse Local Files" will take you to where the folder is, or inside the folder itself.

In any case, you can right-click the folder icon and explore the contents normally.

1 hour ago, monstah said:

If I'm not mistaken, Mac tends to bundle application folders as if they were a single file: when you double click what (on a Windows machine) would be the KSP game folder, instead of opening a folder explorer it runs the game executable. I don't know if Steam's "Browse Local Files" will take you to where the folder is, or inside the folder itself.

In any case, you can right-click the folder icon and explore the contents normally.

Nah we have a KSP_osx folder and it has the app, GameData folder, and all the other files. Steam installs to %USER%/Library/ApplicationSupport/Steam/steamapps/common.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.