[1.12.x] TAC Atomic Clock Irradiated

linuxgurugamer

Old but useful mod resurrected.  Written by @TaranisElsu, original thread here:  http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/35952-102-tac-atomic-clock-v141-24may/

The new version for KSP 1.4.1 has new dependencies

New Dependencies

CKAN has been updated to install the dependencies, if needed

Know what time it is on Kerbin and some distant planet called Earth. Time guaranteed to be accurate to the microsecond (warranty void if exposed to moderate G-forces or vibration).

Features

• Displays Universal Time - the time in Earth seconds since the game began.
  • Displays Earth Time - elapsed time in Earth years:months:days hours:minutes:seconds since the game began.
  • Displays Kerbin Time - elapsed time in Kerbin years:months:days hours:minutes:seconds since the game began.
  • Displays Kerbin Mission Time - mission elapsed time (MET) in Kerbin years:months:days hours:minutes:seconds.
  • Displays Real Time - current clock time from your computer.
  • Clock which you can put on your vessel
  • Callable from toolbar as well

Pictures

AtomicClock.png

Download

Source code: https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/TacAtomicClock

SpaceDock: https://spacedock.info/mod/1483/TAC Atomic Clock Irradiated

License: CC BY-NC-SA 3.0

Edited by linuxgurugamer

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Know what time it is on Kerbin and some distant planet called Earth. Time guaranteed to be accurate to the microsecond (warranty void if exposed to moderate G-forces or vibration).

That is a relativit-ly modest warranty for a clock... I'll see myself out.

Thanks for bring this back!

Peace.

Hm, I think with the new way that Kerbin time is calculated, the default time values are wrong (and changing them is non persistent through reloads/scene changes).. should be 60 sec per min, 60 min per hour, and 6 hours per day.  changing it thusly makes it match up with the in-game clocks at the KSC scene and seems to be congruent with reality.  I'd advise making these values the defaults (I'm going to edit my files and do this myself for now).

Also, can confirm this mod does NOT need TAC-LS to function.

• 1 month later...
On 8/11/2017 at 2:16 AM, ss8913 said:

Hm, I think with the new way that Kerbin time is calculated, the default time values are wrong (and changing them is non persistent through reloads/scene changes).. should be 60 sec per min, 60 min per hour, and 6 hours per day.  changing it thusly makes it match up with the in-game clocks at the KSC scene and seems to be congruent with reality.  I'd advise making these values the defaults (I'm going to edit my files and do this myself for now).

Also, can confirm this mod does NOT need TAC-LS to function.

On 8/11/2017 at 11:15 PM, ss8913 said:

Follow-up: the time settings.. I'm not sure where it stores these.  Are they hardcoded into the DLL?  It doesn't seem to write a settings file anywhere...?

Thanks about the TacLS, I've removed the dependency from CKAN

Regarding the values, it pulls the values from the game directly, look at the file Settings.cs for details.

New release, 1.5.1

• Updated for KSP 1.3.1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It looks like, currently, the part is useless, as you can still use the toolbar button to display the time, when the part is not present.

I guess I'm one of those weird players, that prefers to have these little mod parts, required to be present on craft, for plugins to "work".

Any chance to mebbe get a part/partless mode added? ... Since I'm probably in the minority, I would be fine with "partless" being default mode... but would be awesome if there was a switch for "part required" mode, for those nuts like me. :P  vOv

I'm working on reviving an old part mod, and would like to add my own part support for this mod.

Edited by Stone Blue

5 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

It looks like, currently, the part is useless, as you can still use the toolbar button to display the time, when the part is not present.

I guess I'm one of those weird players, that prefers to have these little mod parts, required to be present on craft, for plugins to "work".

Any chance to mebbe get a part/partless mode added? ... Since I'm probably in the minority, I would be fine with "partless" being default mode... but would be awesome if there was a switch for "part required" mode, for those nuts like me. :P  vOv

I'm working on reviving an old part mod, and would like to add my own part support for this mod.

Shouldn't be too hard, I'll t as ke a look when I get some time.  Feel free to bug me in a week. 

• 4 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.