My grandfather visited Hollow Earth in 1952. He took a picture.

MedwedianPresident

14 minutes ago, MaverickSawyer said:

To be fair, I can't even tell what it's supposed to be a picture of.

I thought the same...

12 minutes ago, HebaruSan said:

It's the second most satisfying moment of a calculus-based physics course. :wink:

Also pretty damn satisfying on my mathematics degree!

1 hour ago, XB-70A said:

Hu??? Cuz' every smart people who already waked up knew the Earth isn't totally flat... if it WaSn't the case so hOw caN ze boats could float, hu??? Smart peoples like us already knew everything is a plot from the SPECTRE of Ernst Blofeld who, from the 943rd basement of the Area-51 top-secret base, is sending his orders to the sioni... erhm, sorry, to the Zionist top secret base behind the dark side of our not totally flat Moon. They then use satellites to send top-secret waves to the others to control them! And truly everything is a plan from the Illuminatis, but hopefully we, the smart peoples, know that only the aluminium fold helmet can save us.

Smort peephole r baed 

Ery wan knose dat

13 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

@MedwedianPresident Even if your grandfather's story of the Hollow Earth isn't true....his disappearance and the excess of UFO sightings is truly bizarre.

a story on the internet about a person who is clearly delusional going missing implies the exsistence of aliens. There are whole websites full of this garbage its not bizarre at all.

The main thing that arouses my skepticism is the quality of the picture. Hell, I'd really like to believe in the idea of a hollow Earth or plenty of the other supernatural places or phenomena- the problem is that the science just doesn't line up with the stories, and "photographic evidence" that is conveniently too blurry or low quality to be worth it actually detract from the story, in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Tex said:

The main thing that arouses my skepticism is the quality of the picture. Hell, I'd really like to believe in the idea of a hollow Earth or plenty of the other supernatural places or phenomena- the problem is that the science just doesn't line up with the stories, and "photographic evidence" that is conveniently too blurry or low quality to be worth it actually detract from the story, in my opinion. 

The scene actually fits for a standard canadian (northern north america) muskeg landscape.

Here's a consideration : Hudson Bay is almost a circle. Maybe that's how people mistaken them ?

Yes, I know the Shell Theorem. According to my Grandfather, the "inner sun" not only radiates enough heat and light for life to function but also has a "repulsor field" that utilizes "semi-psionic energy" and generates approximately (-)0.3G on the inner surface. The centrifugal force in the "equatorial" regions is negligible.

And the picture: I know it is bad, but the line on the upper right is clearly recognizable as some sort of coast, top hard and straight for a cloud formation.

Edited by MedwedianPresident

13 hours ago, MedwedianPresident said:

Note that he never drank a single drop in his life and stayed entirely healthy until his disappearance. He even beat my father in a foot race once. Our doctor even commended him that he was as healthy as a 40-year-old at the age of 96.

What do you think?

I'm thinking that yer Grand-paw was a mighty spinner of tales, may they do ya fine.

7 minutes ago, MedwedianPresident said:

According to my Grandfather, the "inner sun" not only radiates enough heat and light for life to function

Where does the waste heat go? If there's a biosphere down there, you can't constantly feed in more and more heat and light without raising the temperature indefinitely and roasting everything. The outer surface radiates an amount of energy approximately equal to what it receives from the Sun, and the heat coming to the surface from inside is only 0.027% of that. Sounds like that "inner sun" must be pretty dim.

The polar holes allow for air exchange and the expulsion of excess energy. My grandfather noticed how it started getting warmer and warmer when he passed 85 degrees of northern latitude. Roughly at the same time, the gravity anomalies began and his compass started spinning wildly.

The Inner Earth civilizations (there are 7 of them) also employ volcanoes as heat sinks; if it gets too hot, the inner temperature and pressure is decreased using a major eruption. Krakatoa, for example.

Edited by MedwedianPresident

That is funny, @MedwedianPresident. Mostly because the render I found was on a page that clearly states they are concept images. On top of that, the page has other images that further tear apart your claim. You have some names right, Admiral Byrd et al, but Agartha is actually called Salem, I’m curious as to why you didn’t refer to it by the proper name?

18 minutes ago, MedwedianPresident said:

The site is owned by a friend of mine. I did most of the renders there.

And yes, the correct name of Inner Earth is Agartha. Neither I nor my Grandfather ever heard of the term "Salem" for that.

Oh... I could only find clips, what is the site exactly? 

13 hours ago, Snark said:

This would be your grandfather, who was either delusional or (more likely) just pulling your leg.

There are a lot of physical reasons why "hollow Earth" is impossible, as has been pointed out in this thread.  What your grandfather describes is physically impossible: (...)

Third option: it's just a story. I'd almost say it's role-playing which is against the forum rules, but stating that would be against the forum rules (only moderators can point out forum rule infractions) so I'm not doing that either.

Fighting any alternate earth theory (flat/hollow/it was aliens, etc) on rational grounds always fails. After all, the scientific theory is “wrong” (often part of the conspiracy with “them,” which usually involves illuminati, freemasons and the zionist conspiracy) and therefore its  arguments are invalid. At best, evidence that cannot be refuted will be dismissed as “lies” and only proof that, if you're not brainwashed by “them,” you must be one of them and part of the conspiracy.

Better just to ignore it and let it wither away.

Edited by Kerbart