KSP Forum Stereotypes

Mr. Peabody

1. The experienced "noob" - Reputation: 4 - "How many asteroids can you capture in one mission? My personal best is 8." Response: :o

2. Mr. "forums more than he plays" - Reputation: 4,000 - "Fly to Eve? I'll have to try that after I finish posting on the forum." Response: :wink:

3. The "Beloved Moderator/Community Leader" - Reputation: 2,000 -  "For this weeks challenge we will have a special badge as well as 50+ reputation for all participants." Response: :D

4. "That noob" - Reputation: 0 - "How do you complete the basic flight tutorial?" Response: :rolleyes:

5. NASA employee - Reputation: 1,200 - "kc is the mass transfer coefficient [mol/(s. · m2)/(mol/m3)], or m/s." Response: :confused:

6. The "Supreme Moderator" - Reputation: Max - "Thread removed. Reason: NONE. Fear me!" Response: :0.0:

7. The "breath-taking Artist" - Reputation: 350 - "I present my latest masterpiece, Frozen Duna." Response: :cool:

8. The "Epic Craft Builder" - Reputation: 600 - "This is my latest self-sustainable rover, the Cross-cut." Response: :)

9. "Mr. Excuses" - Reputation: 150 - "The docking port size was meant to be 1.25? It must have been my graphics that confused me." Response: :huh:

10. The "Mission Report Novelist" - Reputation: 8,000 - "The great beast raised its horribly ugly head and prepared to incinerate Obly Kerman." Response: :o

11. The "Normal player" - Reputation: 135 - "Today I spent my time making an SSTO that sort of works." Response: :)

12. "Refuses to be Stereotyped" - Reputation: 500 - "I refuse to be stereotyped."  Response: :sticktongue:

13. "Mr. Game Mod Developer" - Reputation: 5,000 - " *fanfare* Introducing the all new kerbal kuts mod!" Response: :D

14. The "Unknowing Rule Violator" - Reputation: 225 - "I broke one of the rules? Again?"  (He should really read the list of forum rules) Response: :huh:

15. The "Stock Stickler" - Reputation: 450 - "I should use mods? Unthinkable!" Response: :rolleyes:

16. The "Mod Maniac" - Reputation: 300 - "Here is my mod list. *scrolls for 10 minutes*" Response: :o

17. The "Squad Employee" - Reputation: 5,000 "We hope to begin working on re-inventing the rover wheel soon." Response: :huh:

And one more: 18. The "Emoticon Addict" - Reputation: 45 - ":maneuver::targetretro::science::funds:<_<:blink::rep:" Response: :/

Please note: These stereotypes are not meant to represent any particular user and are not to be taken seriously. Feel free to categorize yourself.

What stereotypes have you seen? Thanks to the community for suggesting stereotypes 13-17.

Edited by The Dunatian

Probably most resemble the craft builder I s'pose.  I would've left of "epic" though...

Epic is for the folks that get 300 craft d/l's a day cuz they've mastered social media...  or build Ferrari's with RCS thrusters.

20 minutes ago, monstah said:

Yes, and the nearly 2000 hours I've already played in the past means I get that look from my wife whenever I turn on the game... (understandably, of course)

Ah, yes... that look! I get it often, too!

1 hour ago, monstah said:

I forum a lot more than I play, admittedly. 

Yeah, I fit into that stereotype as well.

44 minutes ago, XLjedi said:

Probably most resemble the craft builder I s'pose.  I would've left of "epic" though...

Epic is for the folks that get 300 craft d/l's a day cuz they've mastered social media...  or build Ferrari's with RCS thrusters.

You are absolutely right. I have edited the stereotypes to include "the normal player" that you described.

27 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

I refuse to be quantified or categorized. But that on itself can be a stereotype. Damn. :/

Thanks for the inspiration. Your stereotype is now included. :)

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:20 PM, The Dunatian said:

You are absolutely right. I have edited the stereotypes to include "the normal player" that you described.

...eeesh, I barely have enough rep to qualify as a purposefully boring normal player.  Ah well, I'll go with "Abnormal Craft Builder" I guess.

Edited by XLjedi

On 11/08/2017 at 5:24 AM, monstah said:

Yes, and the nearly 2000 hours I've already played in the past means I get that look from my wife whenever I turn on the game... (understandably, of course)

I managed to avoid this problem. My partner saw my controller before agreeing to move in together. She knew what she was getting in to.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.