KSP Forum Stereotypes

Mr. Peabody

I'm definitely cliche no. 2 (can't remember the last time I actually played KSP) and I'm not quite a 10 (my story isn't really a mission report) but I'm close enough to it for government work.

Edited by KSK

I really should not be on this forum, i always randomly check and stay here for a few minutes. I always regret going to the lounge (even though its my favourite subforum) because i really want to get those 5 dots!

Also, whenever i post on the Science and Spaceflight subforum, im ALWAYS wrong about something.

Edited by NSEP

1 minute ago, NSEP said:

I really should not be on this forum, i always randomly check and stay here for a few minutes. I always regret going to the lounge (even though its my favourite subforum) because i really want to get those 5 dots!

There are some simple things about this...

1) Make good posts and make them count!
2) Play lots of forum games... they'll boost your post count.
3) Share a lot of single status messages.

Happy dotting!

3 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

There are some simple things about this...

1) Make good posts and make them count!
2) Play lots of forum games... they'll boost your post count.
3) Share a lot of single status messages.

Happy dotting!

Forum Games and Status Updates dont count post count it seems like /:

1 minute ago, NSEP said:

Forum Games and Status Updates dont count post count it seems like /:

In the old forum software they didn't. But I remember one of the mods saying about a year ago that with the new software, that may not be the case... I'm to the point it doesn't matter. I don't mean to make you feel bad, but it is an arbitrary system. There are a lot of good members who have low post counts...

1 minute ago, adsii1970 said:

I don't mean to make you feel bad, but it is an arbitrary system. There are a lot of good members who have low post counts...

Ur right, but i already have an idea! :wink:

On 8/10/2017 at 2:06 PM, The Dunatian said:

1. The experienced "noob" - Reputation: 4 - "How many asteroids can you capture in one mission? My personal best is 8." Response: :o

2. Mr. "forums more than he plays" - Reputation: 4,000 - "Fly to Eve? I'll have to try that after I finish posting on the forum." Response: :wink:

3. The "Beloved Moderator" - Reputation: 2,000 -  "For this weeks challenge we will have a special badge as well as 50+ reputation for all participants." Response: :D

4. "That noob" - Reputation: 0 - "How do you complete the basic flight tutorial?" Response: :rolleyes:

5. NASA employee - Reputation: 1,200 - "kc is the mass transfer coefficient [mol/(s. · m2)/(mol/m3)], or m/s." Response: :confused:

6. The "Supreme Moderator" - Reputation: Max - "Thread removed. Reason: NONE. Fear me!" Response: :0.0:

7. The "breath-taking Artist" - Reputation: 350 - "I present my latest masterpiece, Frozen Duna." Response: :cool:

8. The "Epic Craft Builder" - Reputation: 600 - "This is my latest self-sustainable rover, the Cross-cut." Response: :)

9. Mr. Excuses - Reputation: 150 - "The docking port size was meant to be 1.25? It must have been my graphics that confused me." Response: :huh:

10. The "Mission Report Novelist" - Reputation: 8,000 - "The great beast raised its horribly ugly head and prepared to incinerate Obly Kerman." Response: :o

11. The "Normal player" - Reputation: 135 - "Today I spent my time making an SSTO that sort of works." Response: :)

12. "Refuses to be Stereotyped" - Reputation: 500 - "I refuse to be stereotyped." :sticktongue:

And one more: 13. The "Emoticon Addict" - Reputation: 45 - ":maneuver::targetretro::science::funds:<_<:blink::rep:" Response: :/

Please note: These stereotypes are not meant to represent any particular user and are not to be taken seriously. Feel free to categorize yourself.

What stereotypes have you seen?

What, nothing for a modder?

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

So forgotten they were even forgotten here.

I always try to remember to drop a like on the OP of a good mod I've tried, because a lot of them do take quite a bit of work.

Edited by cubinator

20 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Sorry about that. You mod developers completely slipped my mind. Mod devs have now been added to the stereotypes list. If any of you think of any more stereotypes that you think I should add be sure and let me know. :)

12 hours ago, Snark said:

How about "The Verbose Explainer":wink:

"Actually, for an optimally efficient landing on the Mun, you should <several pages of math>.  There, see?"

I like it but wouldn't that get rolled into the NASA Employee?

On 8/10/2017 at 3:31 PM, XLjedi said:

Probably most resemble the craft builder I s'pose.  I would've left of "epic" though...

Epic is for the folks that get 300 craft d/l's a day cuz they've mastered social media...  or build Ferrari's with RCS thrusters.

@Azimech

15 hours ago, Snark said:

How about "The Verbose Explainer":wink:

"Actually, for an optimally efficient landing on the Mun, you should <several pages of math>.  There, see?"

True

Also, I propose "Stock Stickler"

[using a mod] : "You know, you can do the same thing without that mod [creates some uber-clippy contraption that barely works]

And Mod Maniac

"Here's my modlist: [several pages of obscure parts packs]

2 hours ago, Snark said:

I suppose... but I took that category to be reserved for actual NASA employees, which we have here:wink:

Sweet! Well I, for one, welcome our actual rocket scientist overlords. :)

And recycled internet memes notwithstanding, that doesn't surprise me but is still very cool.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2017 at 11:06 AM, The Dunatian said:

2. Mr. "forums more than he plays" - Reputation: 4,000 - "Fly to Eve? I'll have to try that after I finish posting on the forum." Response: :wink:

13. "Mr. Game Mod Developer" - Reputation: 5,000 - " *fanfare* Introducing the all new kerbal kuts mod!" Response: :D

This is basically me but I've received more rep from foruming than modding.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:04 AM, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Also, I propose "Stock Stickler"

[using a mod] : "You know, you can do the same thing without that mod [creates some uber-clippy contraption that barely works]

And Mod Maniac

"Here's my modlist: [several pages of obscure parts packs]

Thank you for your input. I have added these two stereotypes with the titles you recommended.

1 hour ago, Alshain said:

@The Dunatian  I think you missed an important one.... Squad Employee.  They are here because they are paid to be here. :P

Squad employees have been added to the stereotypes list as well.

On 8/23/2017 at 11:41 AM, Snark said:

I suppose... but I took that category to be reserved for actual NASA employees, which we have here:wink:

The "NASA Employee" stereotype is both literal and representative, since (to my knowledge) there are only a few NASA employees on the forum. It is mostly meant to represent, as you put it, the "Verbose explainer."

I'm a craft builder more than anything, so 8 seems the most fitting, except for the 'epic' part.

I definitely fit the stock stickler category. Nothing against mods, and I have used them enough in the past to fit the mod maniac category, but at this time stock is king.

I'm missing a few more categories:

• Helpful Herman - "Of course we can help. KSPedia says X, the Wiki says Y, this thread shows a stock solution, and then there is this mod to use."
  • The Challenge Champion - "I just noticed this month-old challenge. Here's a quick 5 min build that completely blows away the competition..."
  • Neo Kerman - "Today I'll show that some of KSP's physics can be bent; others can be broken. Presenting my newest anti-grav drive."
  • Realism Roger - "That's not how it works in real life... that's not how any of this works."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.