There is a Zombie apocalypse. You only have your profile picture to protect you. How do you fare?

Ultimate Steve

As the title says, there is somehow a zombie apocalypse. Don't question the science behind it, but somehow it happens.

Except, your profile picture magically sprung into existence and you have complete control over it. Will you survive?

In my case, I'm pretty well off.

Image result for saturn v launch

I now possess the Saturn V (and launch pad) from Apollo 8. I go out and get the two most important people to me, as many MRE's as I can fit in the command module, and some water. I then proceed to board the rocket with those people and items, launch, fly around the moon (if I have enough fuel) and then rendezvous with the ISS. (As in, because I have to re-enter LEO I probably won't have the fuel to fly around the moon)

Then, hopefully I'll get the astronauts on the ISS to let us in (We'd have spacesuits and *could* EVA over) and then I'd stay there for as long as possible - until we ran out of supplies or something mission critical broke. Hopefully that's a few years. If the zombies have died out by then, great! I'll just land the Apollo anywhere (or one of the Soyuz's) and return to normal life. If the zombies are still out there, then I'll just land somewhere mostly uninhabitable (e.g. somewhere in Russia, near an isolated island, etc.) and survive there for as long as I can.

So, you and your profile picture against a zombie apocalypse. How do you fare?

My avatar already is a currently living person and would only have to be transported. Presumably he is invited to speak at a local university shortly before the outbreak.

Me: Quick, Slavoj! Throw me that fireman's axe! We need to break down this door and get out of the city!

Žižek: Zizek+the+Scrivener+I+would+prefer+not+t

Me: *dies*

Edited by HebaruSan

Well, seeing as my avatar is a VTOL-capable, single stage to MARS spaceplane with a crew of two and 16 passenger seats and a respectable cargo hold...

Rip out most of the seats (12? maybe 14), stuff the cargo bay and the now mostly-empty cabin full of supplies (including an ISRU), grab a few others, and run like hell for Mars for a few years. See how things settle out on Earth.

My avatar is a Thrint, aka a Slaver, It can telepathically compel other beings to follow its orders. If it can control a zombie, I think I'm in good shape, especially if I can find its amplifying helmet. If not, um, I'm done for. It would compel me to give myself to the zombies while it tries to escape. Which it wouldn't, because aside from (and because of) the Power, they're pretty useless.

30 minutes ago, IncongruousGoat said:

Well, I've got a steam engine, which lets me...

Well, you have a steamthrower or steamcannon for defense

30 minutes ago, ARS said:

Mine is Ars Sisters, which is Artificial Intelligence, so... zombie is no concern for computer hardware since they only seek organic beings

il_fullxfull.249031671.jpg

Edited by StrandedonEarth

After zombocalypse almost everybody will have such avatar.
I won't even have to do anything, zombies just won't recognize me.
The only potential problem could be with living ones, but for this case I'll just do "gamma-correction, 0.01", and receive visible marks.

Well, mine is a mystical space narwhal, whatever that can do. Presumably the crown denotes some high status among mystical space narwhals, and thus relatively large control over all mystical, spatial, and narwhalish.

Which could be either quite a lot of help, or of basically no utility.

Let's see... I've got an ISRU rover, a pure electric rover, 2 Mach 3.5 capable airplanes(seat 4 each), and an early version of Columbia... I'm more likely to die from my poor piloting and design than from a zombie. I could attempt to head to the ISS using my shuttle, though I don't think it's capable of getting to orbit of Earth. I could also exterminate the zombies using the basically infinite fuel I have from an ISRU, though that requires the refueling plane to be attached to the rover because it doesn't have LF storage onboard(it uses monoprop thrusters). I think I'll survive just fine, so long as someone else doesn't accidentally destroy me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.