KSP 1.3.1 will go into "pre-release" soon.

Rodhern

I take it as good news. Squad wants to make sure 1.3.1 will work as intended when released and so are making a pre-release to avoid having to rush a few more patches.

Ideally, QA should be enough to make sure a patch works but I'll take what I can get.

On 8/11/2017 at 7:25 PM, KerbMav said:

I think I remember that happening before - all in all it is rather positive to make a public test run official instead of just releasing it. :wink:

QA Testers are only so demented.  They can only push the game so far, there will always be something that slips through.  It's the rest of us demented users that find the bugs.

And all the devs can do is say "But.... But.... But, that's not how you're supposed to do that...... fine, we'll fix it.   Gimme a minute or two.  *sigh*".

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, selfish_meme said:

It seems there may be more difficult bugs with the pre-release than I imagined, it seems to be taking a while, no complaining I just imagined it to be a bit of a formality

There doesn't seem to be a whole load of activity in the pre-release sub forum, compared to previous pre-releases. A few things (42) in the bug tracker but again not as much activity as I remember from previous pre-releases.
Are we being less involved that we could be? I know I've not been able to do much testing because of my current workload, which is a pity. Is it bad timing for other folk too? Or is there a feeling of there not being a whole load to report?

2 hours ago, katateochi said:

There doesn't seem to be a whole load of activity in the pre-release sub forum, compared to previous pre-releases. A few things (42) in the bug tracker but again not as much activity as I remember from previous pre-releases.
Are we being less involved that we could be? I know I've not been able to do much testing because of my current workload, which is a pity. Is it bad timing for other folk too? Or is there a feeling of there not being a whole load to report?

I admit I was relying on others because I had a heavily modded install, I just uninstalled the mods to run a BD armory dogfight so I might opt in to the Beta again and check it out.

Edit: downloading lets see how we go

Edited by selfish_meme

5 hours ago, katateochi said:

... Is it bad timing for other folk too? Or is there a feeling of there not being a whole load to report?

For me it is mostly a matter of being uncertain if the effort would actually be appreciated enough that bugs/features are fixed/improved. It is a result of the peculiar information strategy Squad chose some time back. Sure, it is better now than it was; I guess it just takes more time to restore the enthusiasm.

Better they take their time and deliver a solid patch than rush it... Although i would expect the pre-release to end soon...

For me it is/was bad timing. I did a bit of testing on the first weekend and still check the tracker from time to time, but thats it...