[1.3.X] ULA Vulcan rocket parts pack

Superpenguin160

IMPORTANT

This mod is now officially unsupported, I will keep the download up though. For an up to date version go to this thread:

Vulcan rocket

A8ECfU4.png

yh2K19l.png

Vulcan
This is the next generation rocket from ULA

Includes:

• Tanks for Centaur and ACES
  • Main tank
  • BE-4 first stage engine
  • RL-10 second stage engine
  • Inflatable heatshield
  • Parafoil
  • Fairings
  • Interstages

Pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/WeJvT

Recommended:
If you want to launch the B330 orbital Moon base install this awesome mod from @bcink

Issues:

Do not make the lower engine fairing the first part of the craft, I don't know why but the BE-4 won't be able to gimbal.

If only smokescreen is installed so no realplume the engines will give particles even when they are off.

Download:
Note:
This mod uses B9PartSwitch by @blowfish and is included in the download

If you have a black tank it's probably a mod conflict with TR(R) or uninstall TR(R) or delete the texture switch part in the config of the tank.

SpaceDock

Curse

License:
Vulcan: All Rights Reserved
B9PartSwitch: GNU Lesser General Public License Version 3.0

feedback is welcome and do not forget to report bugs.

Edited by Superpenguin160
Update

Nice work.  Well done.

Cheers.

can you supply some craft file(s) pls.

I am having some issues trying to build some of the basic parts.

nice to have a cheat sheet to start with.

Cheers.

Edited by drtedastro

Great rocket!

I've some modifications, mainly PF fairings and hydroloxsized the ACES + RL10. A little request :P, I know that's the promotional images livery, but can you please make an orange main tank?

Thanks!!

Edited by Drakenex
Ugly and wrong assembly

10 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Great rocket!

I've some modifications, mainly PF fairings and hydroloxsized the ACES + RL10. A little request :P, I know that's the promotional images livery, but can you please make an orange main tank?

Thanks!!

Orange?!?

Come on the whole idea is that this rocket is all American so that's why there is a flag on the main tank

8 hours ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

@Superpenguin160 Good job! Is this stock scale or RSS scale?

This is stock 2,5m it was a bit to big for 3,75m so I will include a tweakscale config later on if you want it bigger. (And maybe a ro version)

1 hour ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

I didn't say I needed it in 3.75m, I was just asking if it was scaled down from IRL scale or not.

Sorry didn't mean it like that:P The Vulcan is bigger than the Altlas V so it was for people that have an Atlas V mod installed. They probably want a 3.75m Vulcan. I said this for people that come later, they don't have to ask it then.:)

5 hours ago, Superpenguin160 said:

Orange?!?

Come on the whole idea is that this rocket is all American so that's why there is a flag on the main tank

This is stock 2,5m it was a bit to big for 3,75m so I will include a tweakscale config later on if you want it bigger. (And maybe a ro version)

Vulcan's flight variant will look like Atlas V. Same as how the SLS promo images showed it white for a long time before they said ' lol no its going to be exposed SOFI'. Paint is heavy yo.

22 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Vulcan's flight variant will look like Atlas V. Same as how the SLS promo images showed it white for a long time before they said ' lol no its going to be exposed SOFI'. Paint is heavy yo.

But, all along, NASA knew that they would not paint the SLS.

17 hours ago, Drakenex said:

I know that's the promotional images livery, but can you please make an orange main tank?

@Drakenex I'll try making an orange tank when I have time

34 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Ok I see one orange image and I also couldn't believe they would paint him like that. So I will definitely make a orange texture, thanks for the tip.

44 minutes ago, Superpenguin160 said:

Ok I see one orange image and I also couldn't believe they would paint him like that. So I will definitely make a orange texture, thanks for the tip.

IIRC Atlas V isn't painted on the first stage. Neither is Delta IV for that matter, but that's exposed SOFI so it's a different ballgame. But no, there is absolutely zero chance of Vulcan flying with that paint job :D

48 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

IIRC Atlas V isn't painted on the first stage. Neither is Delta IV for that matter, but that's exposed SOFI so it's a different ballgame. But no, there is absolutely zero chance of Vulcan flying with that paint job :D

You can't say that , That's why we have kerbal space ;) we can fly them and make them look good well some times , Some times they end up just like NASA boom :/

2 hours ago, ssss222 said:

ULA Vulcan rocket parts pack woking to 1.2.2?

Yes

So, Atlas V core is 3.81m in diameter, and Vulcan 5.4m, so for a KSP 2.5m Atlas V the Vulcan must be 3.54m, and the closest "standard" sizes are 3.125 and 3.75. What do you say?

oh! it's not much, but is hot:

@PART[BE-4]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen]
{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Hydrolox-Lower            //pre-fabbed plume you want
        transformName = thrustTransform //which transform to attach the plume
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        localPosition = 0,0,3.8
        fixedScale = 1.6
        energy = 1
        speed = 1