[1.3.X] ULA Vulcan rocket parts pack

Superpenguin160

6 hours ago, Tristonwilson12 said:

I made a few little adjustments to your textures/ models :) 

I'm not good at texturing but I will try to make better textures, they're probably a bit to "flat"

6 hours ago, NapalmPK said:

The RL-10 engines are not showing up in my parts list but it's in my files.

They do exist in my ksp, I've got no reason why this would happen, does someone else have this problem too?

6 hours ago, Drakenex said:

Yes

So, Atlas V core is 3.81m in diameter, and Vulcan 5.4m, so for a KSP 2.5m Atlas V the Vulcan must be 3.54m, and the closest "standard" sizes are 3.125 and 3.75. What do you say?

oh! it's not much, but is hot:

@PART[BE-4]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen]
{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Hydrolox-Lower            //pre-fabbed plume you want
        transformName = thrustTransform //which transform to attach the plume
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        localPosition = 0,0,3.8
        fixedScale = 1.6
        energy = 1
        speed = 1
    }
    @MODULE[ModuleEngines*]
    {
        @name = ModuleEnginesFX
        %powerEffectName = Hydrolox-Lower
    }
}

The SLS has a diameter of 8.4m, that represents 3.75m in ksp. So I think 2.5 meters for an atlas V is rather big, but great for a Vulcan. That's why I'll provide tweakscale configs in the next update

I have already made a config for realplume (see pictures) and tweakscale. I need to fine-tune the configs a bit and I will release them with some other updates.:)

Edited by Superpenguin160

12 hours ago, Superpenguin160 said:

They do exist in my ksp, I've got no reason why this would happen, does someone else have this problem too?

So this is weird. The engine shows up in a sandbox game, but not in my career game where I have all tech unlocked

18 hours ago, Superpenguin160 said:

The SLS has a diameter of 8.4m, that represents 3.75m in ksp. So I think 2.5 meters for an atlas V is rather big, but great for a Vulcan. That's why I'll provide tweakscale configs in the next update

I have already made a config for realplume (see pictures) and tweakscale. I need to fine-tune the configs a bit and I will release them with some other updates.:)

Great!, yup, to each his own :wink:

14 hours ago, NapalmPK said:

So this is weird. The engine shows up in a sandbox game, but not in my career game where I have all tech unlocked

Thanks for the details, I solved the problem:). I will release it in the next update but if you can't wait it's not to hard to solve.

If you can open .cfg files you just do that with the RL-10 config and search for "precissionRocketry" and change it to "advancedRocketry" that should fix it. Watch for the capitals by the way.:P

Update V1.1

yh2K19l.png

*New texture for Centaur and ACES
*The main tank has a switchable texture (orange or American flag)
*The engines are RealPlume compatible
*All parts are TweakScale compatible
*Solved issue: RL-10 not available in Career/Science
*Solved issue: the heatshield inflated randomly when launching a craft
*Added example ships of the Vulcan for in the VAB

1 hour ago, apastron said:

The tank textures don't seem to work for me.   It's just black.   ...which looks kinda cool, but...

I haven't got the problem myself so does anyone else have this problem too?

Or can you give some details, have you put firespitter in your gamedata folder? What version do you use?

42 minutes ago, Superpenguin160 said:

I haven't got the problem myself so does anyone else have this problem too?

Or can you give some details, have you put firespitter in your gamedata folder? What version do you use?

Yes - I have latest firespitter installed.   Game version 1.3.  Since in installing update v1.1 of the mod, the main tank is all black.   Texture switching buttons do nothing.   I've also noticed since the update:  The srb boosters always display an active plume - even when sitting idle on the launch pad with no thrust output.   They work fine once activated, but appear to continue burning after they are spent and jettisoned.  The tweaksscale works great, but when scaling up the fairings, their engine thrust does not seem to scale up with them.   They therefore collide with the rocket and explode upon separation...

15 hours ago, apastron said:

Yes - I have latest firespitter installed.   Game version 1.3.  Since in installing update v1.1 of the mod, the main tank is all black.   Texture switching buttons do nothing.   I've also noticed since the update:  The srb boosters always display an active plume - even when sitting idle on the launch pad with no thrust output.   They work fine once activated, but appear to continue burning after they are spent and jettisoned.  The tweaksscale works great, but when scaling up the fairings, their engine thrust does not seem to scale up with them.   They therefore collide with the rocket and explode upon separation...

I have the same probleme

@apastron I think I've found the problem, the plumes are always on when only smokescreen is installed so no realplume.

The black tank is probably because you've got a mod that uses firespitter like hangar extender. You can only use one firespitter and the mods might use different versions.

On 8/31/2017 at 8:36 AM, ssss222 said:

new version ula vulcan rocket pack to 1.1

Is the 3,75 version in this release? I will insta-add this mod when it is since I use Bluedog Design (2.5m Atlas V) and this would fit nicely in that collection. Nice work!

I've tried the mod now with the tweak scale. Awesome mod! Good potential. I believe the stats are a bit too good though when compairing it to e.g. Stockalike Real Scale Boosters. I believe the engines are a bit ovepowered, maybe because your tanks are very efficent. I will probably tweak at a bi so that this rocket not outclasses my Stockaike RSB Delta IV Heavy. :) But that's just me.

Another thing, I can't still see rhe RL-10 in career mode even though I've unlocked far more than advanced rocketry. And I can see some flickering on the enginge shroud connected to the 1st stage fuel tank.

Other than that, AWESOME mod! I love the stocalike feel of it! <3 Keep up the good work!

36 minutes ago, Teobald said:

I've tried the mod now with the tweak scale. Awesome mod! Good potential. I believe the stats are a bit too good though when compairing it to e.g. Stockalike Real Scale Boosters. I believe the engines are a bit ovepowered, maybe because your tanks are very efficent. I will probably tweak at a bi so that this rocket not outclasses my Stockaike RSB Delta IV Heavy. :) But that's just me.

Another thing, I can't still see rhe RL-10 in career mode even though I've unlocked far more than advanced rocketry. And I can see some flickering on the enginge shroud connected to the 1st stage fuel tank.

Other than that, AWESOME mod! I love the stocalike feel of it! <3 Keep up the good work!

Correction! After some research I can see that a Vulcan 561 will outpreform a Delta IV M+ a ltiny bit, which this model is doing in 3.75m. I underestimated the Vulcan and I take my previous performance comment back! :) But I still need help with the RL-10.

1 hour ago, Teobald said:

Thanks, your right the RL-10 is still unavailable in Career/Science mode forgot to fix that:P. I will release an update tomorrow.

17 hours ago, Teobald said:

Awesome! :) Ps. I find a minor bug with the fairings when upscaline x1.5, the ejection power seems to be too weak then, like the power is not rescaling. Keep up the awesome work!

I can't do anything about that because the thrust will be to high when you don't scale the fairing. I would say change the config if you want a higher thrust.