BD Armory

twizzy_main

19 hours ago, le_JEW said:

Hey guys, 

I was wondering if I could stop the guard mode in BD Armory to shoot at my missiles/bombs/torpedoes because I am playing something like a WW2 game and it is kinda unrealistic to have your bomb shot down by aa. Pls help

Hi use the engagement options to set which weapons are used , you have 3 choice air surface or ASW,  shorten the gun range,  there is no way however of telling the AI to just shoot at planes, it will target any valid threat.  I'd imagine though that  if the AA was period correct there'd be little chance of it shooting down a bomb, as the dispersion/accuracy should not be that good, and the firing range should be limited.  Also worth noting, is  the detonation range of you bombs and torpedoes, are you sure it's being shot/destroyed by gun fire and not just detonating way too early?

On ‎13‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 3:33 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi use the engagement options to set which weapons are used , you have 3 choice air surface or ASW,  shorten the gun range,  there is no way however of telling the AI to just shoot at planes, it will target any valid threat.  I'd imagine though that  if the AA was period correct there'd be little chance of it shooting down a bomb, as the dispersion/accuracy should not be that good, and the firing range should be limited.  Also worth noting, is  the detonation range of you bombs and torpedoes, are you sure it's being shot/destroyed by gun fire and not just detonating way too early?

I'm afraid that won't work because this is in Version 1.2.2 so i can't set the Engagement Options.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎19‎.‎11‎.‎2017 at 12:12 AM, Sidestrafe2462 said:

um, why dont you update?

I don't know if you know Tape Gaming's and Beardy Penguine's series "Fall of Kerbin" (if not, watch it it's great) which includes a modpack that adds ships, tanks with working and realistic armor etc. Unfortunately this modpack only work in KSP 1.2.2

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.