[1.12.x] Draft Twitch Viewers Redrafted - Draft, tour with, or rescue your twitch viewers as in-game Kerbals!

linuxgurugamer

A niche mod for streamers, updated for 1.3.  Written by @IRnifty, original thread is here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/99876-ksp-12x-draft-twitch-viewers-v246-draft-tour-with-or-rescue-your-twitch-viewers-as-in-game-kerbals/

The new version for KSP 1.4.1 has new dependencies

New Dependencies

CKAN has been updated to install the dependencies, if needed.

Draft Twitch Viewers

FtqXphU.png

This software is provided "as-is" with no warranties.

Presented under the GPL v3 license.

Creation and/or publication of media (images, videos, etc.) while using this software is authorized.

Created by: Nifty255, updated for 1.3 by Linuxgurugamer

This mod is in RELEASE. However, bugs can still happen. If you have a bug, or a suggestion, please leave it in a mature manner.

Availability

FEATURES:

Draft Twitch Viewers (DTV) uses web requests to connect to Twitch, and can pick a random user from any channel, and create a Kerbal in-game with that viewer's name.

- Easy to use interface.

- Draft from any channel, specified in the GUI. Or launch a viewer drawing without adding the winner to the game!

- While getting the channel viewer list, DTV can remove bots (specified by the player/streamer) and viewers with distasteful names.

- Upon attempted draft, an alert is displayed in-game indicating success or failure.

- Customize the draft success message and the drawing success message.

- Fully compatible with both Crew Manifest and Ship Manifest.

- Players can add the viewer directly to the current vessel.

- Rescue your viewers or take them on tours with DTV modified Career Mode Contracts!

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, IRnifty said:

@linuxgurugamer The code urgently needs an update to use the Twitch Helix API instead of V3, which they are actively in the process of killing. Please see the pull request I've made in GitHub. Note: I did not fact check my changes.

Ok, but can you elaborate on your statement that "I did not fact check my change"?  What do you mean by that?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, but can you elaborate on your statement that "I did not fact check my change"?  What do you mean by that?

I didn't make sure it works. I'm not sure if any extra using's are needed or if the response is similar enough to work. I just switched the Twitch API endpoint the code is hitting to the correct one.

Edited by IRnifty

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey @linuxgurugamer thank you for keeping this little niche thing going. I just want to raise that in the latest KSP version I am receiving a 401 Unauthorised error, which appears to be down to an expired OAuth key.

Unfortunately I don't know which account this OAuth key is generated against (obviously) so I cannot offer a fix myself. I know you typically want the logs but there is no indication in the logfile as to the exact cause of the error (doesn't seem to have any form of logging to file when there is a HTTP failure response).

Unrelated, in the asset loading log I found this error:

[LOG 01:18:54.290] [AddonLoader]: Instantiating addon 'DraftManagerApp' from assembly 'DraftTwitchViewers'
[ERR 01:18:54.292] DraftTwitchViewers (DTV): (ERROR): ERROR: Sound "Start" not found in the database!

[ERR 01:18:54.293] DraftTwitchViewers (DTV): (ERROR): ERROR: AudioClip "Start" not found! Ensure it is being properly loaded.

[WRN 01:18:54.294] File 'GameData/DraftTwitchViewers/GlobalSettings.cfg' does not exist
[WRN 01:18:54.294] DraftTwitchViewers (DTV): (Warning): GlobalSettings.cfg wasn't found. Using defaults.

If you find the time to keep it going at least with the OAuth I'd be very thankful.

Cheers!

New release, 2.7.0.3

• Updated app registration, now registered with Twitch as DraftTViewers
  • Disabled the call to Twitch to get the displayname, which is only how the user wanted the name to be capitalized.  In order to get that information then OAuth authorization will need to be done, which would require significant integration with a web browser or with code.
Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.