[1.4.X] Commonwealth Rockets - Tea Powered Spaceflight!

CobaltWolf

Get it here!

This can be installed alongside any existing Commonwealth Rockets Installation with no issues.

My request if you play with this would be to:

• What do you think of the custom sound FX?
  • Engine balance okay?
  • Part suggestions? I think there is room to flesh out some areas (You have already seen fuel tank variants).

One thing to mention: Not all parts yet have descriptions or names.

1AiRjsS.png      BMXCCTN.png

As I mention above, the payload the rocket can handle without the upper stage is around 300kg (It probably will not reach orbit for anything in 2.5x).
The real payload, Prospero, was only 66kg (or about 6-7 of these).

Edited by Beale

You come to a clearing in the forest, before you lies eight rocket motors - all in pristine condition,
A kindly old man proclaims "Take whichever four you want, but no more!".

Which four do you choose? (I'll let you take five if you give a good gameplay / balance reasoning :wink: )

SgnDWjc.png

Putting the jokes aside, these are all based on real British designs for solid rocket motors, you can read more at http://www.spaceuk.org/solids/solids.htm
All above boosters are 0.625m in diameter. For a little context, below is the Rook V next to the Black Arrow:

fNFeOm1.png

Edited by Beale

18 minutes ago, Beale said:

You come to a clearing in the forest, before you lies eight rocket motors - all in pristine condition,

Which four do you choose? (I'll let you take five if you give a good gameplay / balance reasoning :wink: )

CWyrFME.png

Putting the jokes aside, these are all based on real British designs for solid rocket motors, you can read more at http://www.spaceuk.org/solids/solids.htm
All above boosters are 0.625m in diameter. For a little context, below is the Rook V next to the Black Arrow:

fNFeOm1.png

The game seems alway short on low thrust, high ISP, so I'd vote for the waxwing and the cuckoo

On 6/14/2018 at 1:38 PM, Beale said:

[...]

I really like that weird jackdaw, but I have no idea what niche it could fill. Maybe roll control if it was gimballed? It's too bad roll control is so easy in stock KSP.

49 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

I really like that weird jackdaw, but I have no idea what niche it could fill. Maybe roll control if it was gimballed? It's too bad roll control is so easy in stock KSP.

Interesting idea!

IcYR5Ab.png
kw7Txjx.png
zasMrNG.png

The super Black Arrow!

28 minutes ago, Beale said:

The super Black Arrow!

Amazing work!

Are there any plans to make the quad engine core for the ETS's Europa 4? I know ... very exotic part and almost non existent visual references, but is the only thing that keeps me from re-taking my ETS thread. That was my last try, not very good looking (I've posted it here before)

8014762223_2f949f5158_c.jpgpLhUNxz.png

18 minutes ago, Drakenex said:

Amazing work!

Are there any plans to make the quad engine core for the ETS's Europa 4? I know ... very exotic part and almost non existent visual references, but is the only thing that keeps me from re-taking my ETS thread. That was my last try, not very good looking (I've posted it here before)

That would be my responsibility - we started looking into it but didn't get far. Fortunately I have a lot of visual reference on the real one... :)

16 hours ago, Drakenex said:

That sounds very promising! Let me see if I can build all previous 3.

Well if you can build 3 you can build 4 :P Since 4 is just the 3 but with Blue Streak boosters... anyways, yes I'd absolutely love to make the Europa 3/4 core some day since then you could orbit manned payloads on these bois, not just satellites.

4 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Well if you can build 3 you can build 4 :P Since 4 is just the 3 but with Blue Streak boosters... anyways, yes I'd absolutely love to make the Europa 3/4 core some day since then you could orbit manned payloads on these bois, not just satellites.

I consider this a legally binding contract.

7 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

I've tried, just to be unjustly bullied by some modder called Mr Wolfi....

2 hours ago, Beale said:

I consider this a legally binding contract.

Written in blood, with the gods as witnesses, Amen.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.