Hello guys !

I'm currently working with @HuXTUS on a part. 
Adding a diffuse and a bump/normal map is very easy but what's up about specular ? 

Shaders have no slot for that. I just found an 1 year old discussion about that : 

Is it still the way to add specular ? And moreover, does someone has a great tutorial on how to add this alpha channel to the diffuse (not sure it works with JPG and PNG should be a mess for the game, no ?)

Hope to see some help quickly :) 

It's still the way, as far as I know.

If you use Gimp, I was actually looking at this earlier and there's a pretty good explanation of how to modify a stock part's dds part way down the first page.

On ‎14‎.‎08‎.‎2017 at 11:22 AM, Da_Pedro said:

Hello guys !

I'm currently working with @HuXTUS on a part. 
Adding a diffuse and a bump/normal map is very easy but what's up about specular ? 

Shaders have no slot for that. I just found an 1 year old discussion about that : 

Is it still the way to add specular ? And moreover, does someone has a great tutorial on how to add this alpha channel to the diffuse (not sure it works with JPG and PNG should be a mess for the game, no ?)

Hope to see some help quickly :) 

For a specular map you need a custom shader which supports them and make TRR  support this. 

Currently the shader of TRR has reflectivity on its diffuse (Color) map Alpha channel and transparancy on the emissive map Alpha channel. so the two Basic maps are used up. (normal map Alpha cannot be used, because of unity packing format)

You could request the Addition of a third map to TRR or a different shader, which uses the Alpha channel of the emissive map for the specular Information (but will be never transparent)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.