Cant spawn IVA

Every time I try and spawn my IVA I get this error. I know the model exist because it works in the game. Anyone know some type of fix for this? Thanks!

36433579452_2c9dbd9571_b.jpg

I can spawn other thing IVA's and props. I have spawned this IVA before, although, it was a different version of the IVA.

Have you tweaked the internal config for that any where? its worth going back and double checking as they may be upsetting things.

If you're saying that this is a newer version of this part have you checked that this newer model is all done on the correct layers and that it has been texture/had material assigned correctly?

Honestly, I have no clue what it was. I started up a new project and just fixed it that way. The problem with my main project now is if I wanted to write a model.mu to a specific folder I would have to create a new game object and set it to the folder. The ones that already exist are going to write directly into my gamedata folder. If the folder isn't there they create one. The part tools are jacked up. I must have set it to my gamedata folder at some point. When I do that it seems to mess them up.

On 21/08/2017 at 7:56 AM, harrisjosh2711 said:

The problem with my main project now is if I wanted to write a model.mu to a specific folder I would have to create a new game object and set it to the folder.

Why can't you just change the fielpath on the part tool's exporter?  

Bit concerned that only one IVA is showing you should be able to spawn every IVA in the GameData folder.

For part tools to work correctly it really needs to be linked to whichever KSP GameData folder you do your dev work in.

As for part tools that break when linked to a GameData folder , unity always tells you why, and usually , an almost guaranteed fact, that empty cfgs will break part tools, there are empty example cfg's in tweakscale and TakeCommand, and probably loads of other mods, finding and deleting these usually restores part tools functionality

41 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Why can't you just change the fielpath on the part tool's exporter?  

Couldn't tell you. This is what happens when I try. I made a different post about this issue. If I change it in the (script) it will completely ignore the new path and write to the old one.

36692262316_142c9f8b3f_b.jpg

I believe tweak scale is my culprit. I have it installed in my dev gamedata folder :(. Thanks 4 the info! I quit linking to my Gamedata folder after the issue. I noticed because when I started a new project and linked it to my gamedata folder the issue in the above picture happened every time. I was beginning to wonder if something was wrong with my install. I got around this my moving everything I needed to a secondary folder.

6 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Yup thats what happens when you have blank  or example cfg's

Man I wish you would have shown up days ago. I spent a good day trying all sorts of things. I finally relented and finished the IVA in a separate project. Thank you very much for the info. If I delete the empty configs from the folder will I be able to reset those part tools? That would be nice.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

Usually when it happens, as it does quite often as i have a constantly changing set of dev ksps  that run sets of new and pre release mods, so i still get caught out occasionally. so yeah, simply finding and deleting or zipping the guilty file will, on next time you press play in unity reset part tools, if not restart unity and refresh the gamedata link and you should be in business

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.