162- YF-23 Black Widow (WIP)

He_162

I PRESENT THE YF-23 BLACK WIDOW

My first "large scale" replica of an aircraft (part count)
https://kerbalx.com/He_162/162--YF-23-v04

This is the first flight capable version of my YF-23 replica, the plan for development is as follows:

Stage 1 (this): Make a flight worthy YF-23 that has the shape and design of the real one

Stage 2 (next): Smooth out the edges, and aerodynamics, make it fly like the real thing

(POSSIBLE)

Stage 3 (later): Add custom cockpit, make a few body changes to lower part count

THESE STAGES WILL NOT BE MADE WITH EVERY NEW VERSION (i.e. v0.5 may not be Stage 2)

At the moment it flies like a brick, control group 1 turns on afterburners.

Tried to show this to Scott Manley on his stream and got #roasted because he didn't look at craft links in his stream, he suggested twitter and then went on to say he probably won't ever look at it though. #feelsbadman

I can't get no--- dun nununnnn I can't get no!..... Anyone? No? ......

Edited by He_162

10 minutes ago, Joseph Kerman said:

To fix:

- Use the NCS.

- Remove TVC

- Add chines.

I understand this, I was just releasing it since it was currently functional at the end of my livestream, I've been building it on there, I'll do some work on it again this saturday for sure, if not sooner.

I'm not familiar with the acronyms you used, so if you could explain "NCS" that would be great, TVC = thrust vectoring?

NCS = NCS adapter? linked? Not sure.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.