[1.4.2] Before Kerbin - 2 Billion Years before Kerbol

Gameslinx

On 8/13/2020 at 11:08 AM, kspnerd122 said:

No, 1.7.3 works though, however, 1.8 only added boosters, just install KW rocketry, it serves the same purpose(boosters included), the reason is the terrain shader changed.

What mods and versions of mods did you use to make it work? My scatterer is broken when i try 1.6.1 and 1.7.3

• 1 month later...
On 12/8/2020 at 7:13 PM, EquliDucko said:

Greetings! I have made a scatterer rework of Before Kerbin, the original scatterer configs was of course outdated.  So I decided I reupdate it myself, here's the configs: [snip]

The sunflare's still broken though, i'll try to fix it!

Edited by Snark
Link removed by moderator

On 12/8/2020 at 7:13 PM, EquliDucko said:

Greetings! I have made a scatterer rework of Before Kerbin, the original scatterer configs was of course outdated.  So I decided I reupdate it myself, here's the configs: [snip]

Thank you so much! The sunflare has a bit too much debris and is a bit too big for the sun

Edited by Snark
Link removed by moderator

Hi @EquliDucko,

We're sorry, but we've had to remove your links because they violate the add-on posting rules.

The license of this mod is,

On 8/16/2017 at 12:04 PM, Gameslinx said:

This mod follows the CC-BY-NC-ND licence.

The "ND" clause of that license means "no derivatives", meaning that you cannot modify the mod and post your own version of it.  It's not legally allowed.

We're sorry, because clearly you mean well, put some work into it, and are just trying to help... but unfortunately, the license of this mod doesn't allow you to do what you're doing.  It's the author's choice, so we have to respect that.

(Note that even if the mod had a more permissive license did allow you to post your own tweaked versions... it still would not be okay to simply post a link to a zip file with your modified copy-- there would be some hoops you'd have to jump through, per the abovementioned add-on posting rules.  Specifically you'd need to find a place to post-- ideally in your own add-on releases thread-- where you could specify the license, include a link to any source code, follow any requirements that the license imposes, etc.  But in this case, all of that is moot, because the mod has a restrictive license that prevents derivative works at all.)

We're sorry for the inconvenience, and thank you for your understanding.

6 hours ago, Snark said:

Hi @EquliDucko,

We're sorry, but we've had to remove your links because they violate the add-on posting rules.

The "ND" clause of that license means "no derivatives", meaning that you cannot modify the mod and post your own version of it.  It's not legally allowed.

We're sorry, because clearly you mean well, put some work into it, and are just trying to help... but unfortunately, the license of this mod doesn't allow you to do what you're doing.  It's the author's choice, so we have to respect that.

(Note that even if the mod had a more permissive license did allow you to post your own tweaked versions... it still would not be okay to simply post a link to a zip file with your modified copy-- there would be some hoops you'd have to jump through, per the abovementioned add-on posting rules.  Specifically you'd need to find a place to post-- ideally in your own add-on releases thread-- where you could specify the license, include a link to any source code, follow any requirements that the license imposes, etc.  But in this case, all of that is moot, because the mod has a restrictive license that prevents derivative works at all.)

Understandable, this is my first time modding and publishing something to the KSP community, I'll try to be more careful later.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/14/2020 at 4:23 AM, Snark said:

Hi @EquliDucko,

Even with linx premmision?

1 hour ago, klancy1o said:

Even with linx premmision?

"Permission" isn't a thing unless it's in the license, as far as we're concerned. Otherwise it becomes an unmanageable mess, trying to keep track of who has permission to do what, the potential for arguments over what permission was or wasn't granted, the potential for other people to take impermissible action because they saw someone else doing a thing and thinking that meant it was okay for them too, etc.

Managing who is permitted to do what is precisely what licenses are for, and they're the only way that everything can be managed sanely.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/16/2021 at 2:32 PM, xZephy said:

Hi, does this mod work on 1.11 ? Same with the After Kerbin mod ? 

I can also verify that at least on launch and teleporting to planets, After Kerbin works. Not sure about Before Kerbin though.

• 1 year later...
47 minutes ago, KiwiKerbal said:

This is probably a basic question and is probably answered in the topic, but what is the latest version that this runs on?

I ran it with no problems in 1.4.5. It will be nice if someday this pack can be updated, Before and After Kerbin have a special place in my heart

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.