Gameslinx

[1.4.2] Before Kerbin - 2 Billion Years before Kerbol

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Dedpewlio said:

I think it might be both, but I’m not so sure on the ram issue because I have 16 gigs of ram on my computer. But when I launch KSP it doesn’t have an option for 64 bit only 32... and usually it shows 64 bit first unless I did something wrong. If there isn’t a fix for this that’s completely fine, as long as it could potentially help with future issues.

 

In your KSP directory there is a .exe called "KSP_x64.exe". Run that. You have enough ram.

Edited by Gameslinx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I installed the 1.4.2 version of this mod into a KSP 1.3.1 backup I got

What appears off to me is the aurora and clouds on Eden, they just seem wrong. The version you got looks more polished, mines more, grey. I installed K3SP now and it looks more beautiful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

I installed the 1.4.2 version of this mod into a KSP 1.3.1 backup I got

What appears off to me is the aurora and clouds on Eden, they just seem wrong. The version you got looks more polished, mines more, grey. I installed K3SP now and it looks more beautiful 

I'll take a look. It could be my video editing software increasing the saturation on export, but I didn't tweak any settings manually. It could well be that something changed. You could try replacing the aurora config and textures from the original BK version?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

In your KSP directory there is a .exe called "KSP_x64.exe". Run that. You have enough ram.

Okay I’ll try this. Thank you!

also expect my return when I can’t figure out how to run After Kerbin too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AWSUM! if you have both mods installed can there be an option?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, The Minmus Derp said:

AWSUM! if you have both mods installed can there be an option?

At the moment it's one or the other, I'm afraid. It's a good idea, though. I might try it out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this mod going to be updated for KSP version 1.4.3 and it is it compatible with KSP 1.4.3? I know it will run on the newer version I just want to make sure it isn't going to be really buggy, I'm planning on using this in the my next save game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 00110001 said:

Is this mod going to be updated for KSP version 1.4.3 and it is it compatible with KSP 1.4.3? I know it will run on the newer version I just want to make sure it isn't going to be really buggy, I'm planning on using this in the my next save game.

Yep it will be updated for 1.4.3 once I get my break in the exams.

(Side note, if you update all the dependencies it should work)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have OPM and/or Kerbol Origins installed can you write configs to change them? \/ See OPM planets \/

Spoiler

Sarnus: loses most of rings, landable, 20 atm

Hale: Gone

Ovok: in a VEEEEEERY low orbit like, skimming the atmo

Eeloo: Eltos

Slate: Smaller

Tekto: Moar atmo

Urlum: Smaller, landable, 10 atm

Polta: Further out

Priax: See Polta

Wal: SLIGHTLY bigger

Tal: Now orbits urlum

Neidon: Landable, has HYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGE rings, 8 atm

Thatmo: gone, now neidon's rings

Nissee: Sheperding neidon's rings

Plock: N/A

Karen: /\ see /\

 

\/ see Kerbol origins planets \/

Spoiler

Faz: gone

Harvest: gone

Sarvin: landable (you probably starting to notice a theme here) 15 atm, rings waaay closer in

Daphy: See above about rings

Potatus: Smaller, sheperding rings

Fonso: Less atmo

Shayle: MOAR craters, Slightly smaller

Keelon: N/A

Manai: no lava

Lok: N/A

Revus: Smaller

@Gameslinx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Minmus Derp said:

If you have OPM and/or Kerbol Origins installed can you write configs to change them? \/ See OPM planets \/

  Reveal hidden contents

Sarnus: loses most of rings, landable, 20 atm

Hale: Gone

Ovok: in a VEEEEEERY low orbit like, skimming the atmo

Eeloo: Eltos

Slate: Smaller

Tekto: Moar atmo

Urlum: Smaller, landable, 10 atm

Polta: Further out

Priax: See Polta

Wal: SLIGHTLY bigger

Tal: Now orbits urlum

Neidon: Landable, has HYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGE rings, 8 atm

Thatmo: gone, now neidon's rings

Nissee: Sheperding neidon's rings

Plock: N/A

Karen: /\ see /\

 

\/ see Kerbol origins planets \/

  Reveal hidden contents

Faz: gone

Harvest: gone

Sarvin: landable (you probably starting to notice a theme here) 15 atm, rings waaay closer in

Daphy: See above about rings

Potatus: Smaller, sheperding rings

Fonso: Less atmo

Shayle: MOAR craters, Slightly smaller

Keelon: N/A

Manai: no lava

Lok: N/A

Revus: Smaller

@Gameslinx

You realise that doing that will take months to do?

It won't be happening. It requires more than a cfg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a glitch i would like to report

 

Whenever i try to land on Serpent  my lander goes through the ground and i go into negative altitude numbers

Also sometimes on all the planets (except Eden) my landing legs explode when i touch the ground at 3 m/s even when the maximum crash tolerance is 12 m/s

 

Thanks for replying in advance

Edited by Bonbo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bonbo said:

I have a glitch i would like to report

 

Whenever i try to land on Serpent  my lander goes through the ground and i go into negative altitude numbers

Also sometimes on all the planets (except Eden) my landing legs explode when i touch the ground at 3 m/s even when the maximum crash tolerance is 12 m/s

 

Thanks for replying in advance

I'll take a look when I next can. Thanks!

In the meantime, in the main menu settings try turning on or off "ease in gravity" which may help loading vessels in.

1.4 changed landing legs so they break under stress a lot easier. I don't think that's anything to do with me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ratchet9868 said:

Hey, I'm having a problem with The Atlas.

the land masses are the same as Kerbin, Just sandy coloured. is this intentional? Have i done something wrong?

 

https://imgur.com/fdH05F6

Isn’t Atlas supposed to be Kerbin 2 billion years ago, like the rest of this mod? That would explain the landmasses.

Although I’m not sure whether Atlas is supposed to be that colour. @Gameslinx?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Isn’t Atlas supposed to be Kerbin 2 billion years ago, like the rest of this mod? That would explain the landmasses.

Although I’m not sure whether Atlas is supposed to be that colour. @Gameslinx?

Yes, i know it's supposed to be similar but i watched a video and it looks nothing the same as mine. i put a screenshot up if you wanna look. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ratchet9868 said:

Hey, I'm having a problem with The Atlas.

the land masses are the same as Kerbin, Just sandy coloured. is this intentional? Have i done something wrong?

 

https://imgur.com/fdH05F6

 

1 minute ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Isn’t Atlas supposed to be Kerbin 2 billion years ago, like the rest of this mod? That would explain the landmasses.

Although I’m not sure whether Atlas is supposed to be that colour. @Gameslinx?

Atlas is Kerbin, which is why the landmasses are roughly the same. Atlas is actually that colour, but Ratchet is not using scatterer so the usual blue tint in the atmosphere is the orange glow instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

 

Atlas is Kerbin, which is why the landmasses are roughly the same. Atlas is actually that colour, but Ratchet is not using scatterer so the usual blue tint in the atmosphere is the orange glow instead.

@Gameslinx i mean the land masses are identical. https://imgur.com/fdH05F6

I dont know if that imgur link is working. sorry i'm new to the forum. Also i am using scatterer as far as i'm aware. :3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ratchet9868 said:

@Gameslinx i mean the land masses are identical. https://imgur.com/fdH05F6

I dont know if that imgur link is working. sorry i'm new to the forum. Also i am using scatterer as far as i'm aware. :3

That's intentional. Its Kerbin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

That's intentional. Its Kerbin.

Okay, this is what it lookled like in the mod review i saw; https://imgur.com/FKIHfxC

I'm really sorry, i didnt realise it was just flipped till i looked closer, my KSP is contsantly buuggy and things dont tend to work as intended.

Putting that aside, Awesome Mod! amazing textures, great ideas, and the excitement of something new really make KSP fun again, Not to mention a dev that offers a lot of support.

Brilliant work, Keep it up. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I tried this mod with Principia, and almost everything was stable. Here is Terminus after 3 years:

0Wj2XuZ.png

Where can I put Terminus so whole system will be stable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MorePortal said:

I tried this mod with Principia, and almost everything was stable. Here is Terminus after 3 years:

0Wj2XuZ.png

Where can I put Terminus so whole system will be stable?

I don't know. I've never supported Principia, but you could try adjusting its semi major axis in its config and find a sweet spot so that it is stable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.