[1.4.2] Before Kerbin - 2 Billion Years before Kerbol

Gameslinx

I also tried to make a small config for ResearchBodies (I don't know what to write in "ONDISCOVERY" so I skipped it)

Spoiler

RESEARCHBODIES
{
    loadAs = mod
    name = BeforeKerbin
    IGNORE
    {
        body = Serpent
    }
    IGNORELEVELS
    {
        Serpent = true true true true
        Atlas = true true true false
        Seth = true true false false
        Pearl = true true false false
        Kanar = true false false false
        Shard = true false false false
        Thalius = true false false false
        Sekhmet = false false false false
        Grain = false false false false
        Amethyst = false false false false
        Arkus = false false false false
        Rogue = false false false false
        Terminus = false false false false
        Frost = false false false false
    }    
}

I hope it works

Edited by MorePortal

56 minutes ago, GooglyNarga said:

I was wondering where that 1.3.1 version is as I can't seem to find it on the Spacedock site 

I never got a chance to update it.

It does work in 1.6, you just have to update Kopernicus and Eve and Scatterer and it should work fine

On 1/16/2019 at 12:24 AM, Gameslinx said:

I never got a chance to update it.

It does work in 1.6, you just have to update Kopernicus and Eve and Scatterer and it should work fine

You need to also delete the KopernicusExpansion folder from your Gamedata. The updated Kopernicus seems to have the necessary code already in it.

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 1:05 AM, Taki117 said:

You need to also delete the KopernicusExpansion folder from your Gamedata. The updated Kopernicus seems to have the necessary code already in it.

I used the 1.4.2 version of Before Kerbin and replaced scatterer, Kopernicus, and EVE with the latest versions.  I also removed KopernicusExpansion. This is with a fresh KSP 1.6.1 on windows; no making history.  When I started it the start screen had purple/pink face plates on the 3 kerbals.  Same in the game.  I then replaced TextureReplacer with the latest version.  That fixed the kerbals, and when I started a new game, it worked fine, but I noticed a lot more craters.  I checked my 1.3.1 version and sure enough there were many more craters and they were much deeper.  I even flew a jet to the next continent to the east and it was very obvious a bombardment had taken place, but it was really cool I even landed in couple of the crater lakes to make sure.  Is there a custom build of TextureReplacer that is required?

Also removing TextureReplacer or updating it fixes the pink visors, but the craters remain.  I also started fresh with only these mods.  Looks like a change from 1.4.2 to 1.6.1  Here are the updated mod versions I'm using.

Kopernicus-1.6.1-2

scatterer-0.0336

ModuleMangager-4.0.2

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-1.4.2.2  (tried removing this and no change to craters)

TextureReplacer-3.7  (tried removing this and no change to craters)

Edited by histalonia
add ksp version

51 minutes ago, histalonia said:

I used the 1.4.2 version of Before Kerbin and replaced scatterer, Kopernicus, and EVE with the latest versions.  I also removed KopernicusExpansion. This is with a fresh KSP 1.6.1 on windows; no making history.  When I started it the start screen had purple/pink face plates on the 3 kerbals.  Same in the game.  I then replaced TextureReplacer with the latest version.  That fixed the kerbals, and when I started a new game, it worked fine, but I noticed a lot more craters.  I checked my 1.3.1 version and sure enough there were many more craters and they were much deeper.  I even flew a jet to the next continent to the east and it was very obvious a bombardment had taken place, but it was really cool I even landed in couple of the crater lakes to make sure.  Is there a custom build of TextureReplacer that is required?

I retested with only these mods.  Same thing.  Without TextureReplacer completely if fixes the pink visors, but all the craters are still there.  So I don't think the new TextureReplacer is causing the issue, but it does fix the pink visors.  Looks like something between 1.4.2 and 1.6.1.

Here are the latest versions I'm using:

Kopernicus-1.6.1-2

scatterer-0.0336

TextureReplacer-3.7  (new one)

ModuleManager-4.0.2

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-1.4.2.2

Edited by histalonia
adding mod versions

6 hours ago, histalonia said:

I retested with only these mods.  Same thing.  Without TextureReplacer completely if fixes the pink visors, but all the craters are still there.  So I don't think the new TextureReplacer is causing the issue, but it does fix the pink visors.  Looks like something between 1.4.2 and 1.6.1.

Here are the latest versions I'm using:

Kopernicus-1.6.1-2

scatterer-0.0336

TextureReplacer-3.7  (new one)

ModuleManager-4.0.2

EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements-1.4.2.2

The craters on the planet is intentional. 

Texture Replacer is currently a little broken for 1.4.2 I believe :(

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/16/2017 at 10:19 AM, Next_Star_Industries said:

5 gigs of ram?! Not only is that a big number, but it means I can't even check it out. That's going to limit a lot of downloads, as it seems a lot of users are using basic laptops with only 4 gig of ram. Any chance maybe a release of smaller textures?

*Laughs in 1TB while on Laptop*

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/30/2020 at 10:46 AM, kspnerd122 said:

can this work in any version if there is kopernicus

I would guess that you would be fine up to 1.7.3 as long as the supporting mods are appropriate, but you might have trouble from 1.8 onwards, since 1.8 changed the way graphics were done. Really, though, "try it and see" is never bad advice. Good luck!  &)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/20/2020 at 1:06 PM, Drupegod02 said:

when i downloaded this i chose not to replace the files, am i ok?

Once i finished loading in, none of the buttons work like start game

Sounds like you accidentally deleted squad or squad is broken, not this mod.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.