[1.4.2] Before Kerbin - 2 Billion Years before Kerbol

Gameslinx

11 minutes ago, Grand Ship Builder said:

So Eve was basically Kerbin?

Eve was the home of Kerbals, but then they colonised kerbin. Eve's moon, Serpent, eventually smashed into Eve and killed all the life. Eve's atmosphere thickened and became polluted - the planet also became heavier

39 minutes ago, Grand Ship Builder said:

I suggest you rename the "GameData" folder into BeforeKerbin or something, because then KSP gets confused. We can rename it, but it's a lot more convenient.

no no, it's called GameData because you're supposed to open that folder too and drag and drop the contents into KSP > Gamedata. If it was called "Before Kerbin" people would just drop that into GameData and it wouldn't work.

50 minutes ago, Grand Ship Builder said:

I suggest you rename the "GameData" folder into BeforeKerbin or something, because then KSP gets confused. We can rename it, but it's a lot more convenient.

That statement is terribly confusing...

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

no no, it's called GameData because you're supposed to open that folder too and drag and drop the contents into KSP > Gamedata. If it was called "Before Kerbin" people would just drop that into GameData and it wouldn't work.

That would really be a pain to uninstall, and mods usually don't do that.

Also, turns out I don't have enough RAM.

Time to uninstall I guess.

28 minutes ago, Grand Ship Builder said:

Also, turns out I don't have enough RAM

Less than 5 GB? Ouch!

Have you tried lowering the texture quality in the main menu (without the mod installed first)? You can save around 2 gigs.

To be honest, though, this pack adds 16 things. Most planet packs add more or less that number, so it must be difficult to install - I understand though :)

29 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Less than 5 GB? Ouch!

Have you tried lowering the texture quality in the main menu (without the mod installed first)? You can save around 2 gigs.

To be honest, though, this pack adds 16 things. Most planet packs add more or less that number, so it must be difficult to install - I understand though :)

Only 4 :|

Thought I had like 8 or something.

Maybe I could, but 4 is the maximum for me.

Well, maybe when I upgrade my computer (in a few trillion years) or an update makes the mod work on 4 GB computers.

19 minutes ago, Greatness101 said:

Cool! Now we know what the stock system looked like two billion years ago (Before Kerbin) and what it will look like millions of years in the future (GPO).

I wonder if that was on purpose :P

This is planned

Unless Gregox has decided he'd do that since I'm doing stock in the past!

4 hours ago, Scriptroberto79 said:

I want you mke this mod but 1 year after the formation of the kerblo system pls

For the first 500 million years everything is just on fire

Set up a new KSP for this mod camp. Very pretty. My first steps on Serpent... Of note the runway does have a funny lip with no ground under it. Can't figure out how to fix it myself.

nGguWTo.png

Edited by rdamiani

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.