[1.4.2] Before Kerbin - 2 Billion Years before Kerbol

Gameslinx

It would be quite interesting to see the story behind this mod converted into a movie of some kind. I'd do anything to see that happen.:)

Good idea, isn't it.

Might be an issue with mac OS.

Did you try unistalling all other mods and then reinstalling the planet pack?

I haven't played this yet (waiting for a couple of mods to be more ready before I start the "trilogy"), but I thought about something that would be awesome for this pack if it's not already implemented. I don't even know if it would be possible, I it would be way cool if there were contracts to build anomalies like the monoliths, arches, etc where they exist in the stock system. Would give a bit of history for those who intend to play all three sequentially. Likely it would also depend on the configuration of the system, and the land masses as to which stock locations are suitable.

Just a thought anyway.

Great Mod. One Question:

Are the planet wide aurora borealis on Eve a sign that the planets magnetic field is fading away due to slow rotation? Because if yes this would also explain the stock Eve's deadly Atmosphere and high pressures #Venus.

Just asking this probably a stupid Question.:blush:

5 hours ago, Kspeher said:

Are the planet wide aurora borealis on Eve a sign that the planets magnetic field is fading away due to slow rotation? Because if yes this would also explain the stock Eve's deadly Atmosphere and high pressures #Venus.

Eve's moon - serpent, has a heavy magnetic alignment. The entire moon is either iron or lead (iron being magnetized) and plays with Eden's field. So compasses won't work on Eden :P

Thank you for replying on my question. I also have one for (after kerbin mod).

If the timeline is, (before Kerbin), (Stock), (after Kerbin). Then why not put in your Olu'um Ignition mod in between (Stock) and (after Kerbin). Because for me at least it would make more sense. This would make a more detailed timeline and would incorporate Olu'um Ignition mod in the timeline.:)

1 hour ago, ddavis425 said:

Any way to play this mod with career mode?

Yea! The contacts can be off weighted, but its still fun to play!

Hey @Gameslinx any idea of making GPP (your other planet pack) compatible in some way with BK? For example, making the star that kerbol (or helios) captured the planets from somewhat far away, so it's accessible, just not very easily. :D. Then You have foreshadowing. I know you don't generaly like to make other star systems, but it might be a nice touch.

6 hours ago, Cabbink said:

Yea! The contacts can be off weighted, but its still fun to play!

Hey @Gameslinx any idea of making GPP (your other planet pack) compatible in some way with BK? For example, making the star that kerbol (or helios) captured the planets from somewhat far away, so it's accessible, just not very easily. :D. Then You have foreshadowing. I know you don't generaly like to make other star systems, but it might be a nice touch.

GPO* you mean?

Compatability with GPO might happen, but not yet. GPO and the Before/After kerbin planet packs are unrelated

I'll see what I can do but I'll need to update GPO first 

Having fun with this one on Career mode.  Beautiful scenery, just explored Eden/Serpent so far but getting ready to go interplanetary.  No problems getting up and running in Linux, although I had to disable scatterer after a while because my laptop is a potato.  I may have to lose EVE as well as part counts increase, but I love the auroras on Eden.  So much fun to explore a new system!

Some height weirdnesses around KSC worth mentioning: the hanger off near the monolith is hovering about 50m off the ground, as is the monolith itself.  Also if you drive off the edge of the runway you find all KSC is about 5m off the ground, and you can drive under it!  I had the same issue with GPO, not a big deal really. Pictures here

OZnwWGm.png

PGFZdcE.png

18 hours ago, Milhafre1981 said:

Nice Mod! I will try it. any chance to DVmap on KSpedia version?

Any visual mod compatible?

The mod comes with its own visuals. Don't override them with others, they're useless in BK.

Kspedia requires unity which doesn't run well on my PC (in fact, it doesn't run at all) so I'm unable to add it to KSPEDIA. Sorry :(

19 hours ago, Jetski said:

hanger off near the monolith is hovering about 50m off the ground, as is the monolith itself.  Also if you drive off the edge of the runway you find all KSC is about 5m off the ground, and you can drive under it!  I had the same issue with GPO, not a big deal really. Pictures here

Will fix, people have noticed. I adjusted terrain near KSC before publishing and only checked if I fixed this at the back!

Couple of days and I'm back from holiday, shall fix for then :)

Made it to The Atlas (old Kerbin) and drove a rover to the nearest lake for some extra science.  I have an EPL base going but haven't researched Ore mining yet so the crew is trapped on the surface until I can make fuel. But I can build labs and rovers!

YJVIFfl.png

Edited by Jetski

On 24/08/2017 at 8:25 PM, Kspeher said:

If the timeline is, (before Kerbin), (Stock), (after Kerbin). Then why not put in your Olu'um Ignition mod in between (Stock) and (after Kerbin). Because for me at least it would make more sense. This would make a more detailed timeline and would incorporate Olu'um Ignition mod in the timeline.:)

Unfortunately I won't be including GPO in the timeline mainly because less and less people will be able to run it. I'm trying to base this off stock :P

38 minutes ago, Mrcarrot said:

Can I have a complete list of what the modern equivalent of each body is? Thanks in advance.

Sekhmet - Moho

Eden - eve

Serpent - newly added moon. Crashes into Eden before stock

Atlas - kerbin

Grain - Mun

Amethyst - Minmus

Seth - duna

Arkus - ike

Osiris - Dres

Pearl - Jool

Terminus - Pol

Kamar - Laythe

Thalius - tylo

Shard - Vall

Rogue - bop

Frost - eeloo

2 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Sekhmet - Moho

Eden - eve

Serpent - newly added moon. Crashes into Eden before stock

Atlas - kerbin

Grain - Mun

Amethyst - Minmus

Seth - duna

Arkus - ike

Osiris - Dres

Pearl - Jool

Terminus - Pol

Kamar - Laythe

Thalius - tylo

Shard - Vall

Rogue - bop

Frost - eeloo

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Jhorriga said:

does this go into the concept that NovaSilko had when he worked at squad (Add in the secret planet covered in ruins and evaporated oceans)?

No.

Adding ruins and structures to planets is not really feasible. Custom terrain objects are a thing, but it would lag immensely. This is the reason I don't include broken structures or terrain scatters on the planets.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.