Gameslinx

[1.4.2] Before Kerbin - 2 Billion Years before Kerbol

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, Rolacume said:

This pack is beautiful. Great work. I cant wait to play on After Kerbin.

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, it seems like the science multiplier for Amethyst is off... I'm getting several times less than the science on the moon right next to it (Grain).  Is this intentional?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Coreador said:

Hey, it seems like the science multiplier for Amethyst is off... I'm getting several times less than the science on the moon right next to it (Grain).  Is this intentional?

Not sure. I'll take a look. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another weirdness on Amethyst: Some of the flats are below altitude 0. I can live with that, but the engine doesn't seem to like it... when my view goes below 0, the moon disappears and I see my ship floating in space.  If I keep the camera above 0m by zooming out, I can see the moon just fine with my ship sitting landed on it, but I can't zoom in to look at my ship or the ground disappears.  This is purely visual, it seems; the ship seemed to land and take off normally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/10/2017 at 11:56 PM, Coreador said:

Another weirdness on Amethyst: Some of the flats are below altitude 0. I can live with that, but the engine doesn't seem to like it... when my view goes below 0, the moon disappears and I see my ship floating in space.  If I keep the camera above 0m by zooming out, I can see the moon just fine with my ship sitting landed on it, but I can't zoom in to look at my ship or the ground disappears.  This is purely visual, it seems; the ship seemed to land and take off normally.

Will take a look. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gameslinx I know we already talked about this on AK's thread, but you could convert these heightmaps to dds too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mrcarrot said:

@Gameslinx I know we already talked about this on AK's thread, but you could convert these heightmaps to dds too.

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It specifies 5Gb of RAM, so I take it that refers to system RAM and not graphics card VRAM yeah? Already have plenty of system ram, but I'm potentially looking at a new GFX card soon, and I don't want to get it wrong... although I'm aiming for a 6Gb GTX 1060 anyway

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, strudo76 said:

It specifies 5Gb of RAM, so I take it that refers to system RAM and not graphics card VRAM yeah? Already have plenty of system ram, but I'm potentially looking at a new GFX card soon, and I don't want to get it wrong... although I'm aiming for a 6Gb GTX 1060 anyway

Thanks

Textures are in DDS form and so they use vram, however the requirement is just regular RAM. If you don't have enough VRAM, the game will load it into RAM instead. You should be fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all! Expect a 1.3.1 update for this mod soon. It will bring about some good RAM optimisations, thus only requiring 4GB instead of 5. Your game should run smoother with these changes, too.

Sorry for the long wait! GPO will also be getting a 1.3.1 update as well as bug fixes and optimisations in the near future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Hey all! Expect a 1.3.1 update for this mod soon. It will bring about some good RAM optimisations, thus only requiring 4GB instead of 5. Your game should run smoother with these changes, too.

Sorry for the long wait! GPO will also be getting a 1.3.1 update as well as bug fixes and optimisations in the near future.

The doesn't work on macs, I posted a thing a while ago about it, if you could please help then that'd be great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Coolinee Kerman: It's likely an opengl issue (same as on linux). If you dig back through the thread a bit, you'll see my post showing what needs tweaking to get it to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Coolinee Kerman said:

The doesn't work on macs, I posted a thing a while ago about it, if you could please help then that'd be great

This is also coming in the update. I'm renaming the normal map textures to <planet<.NRM. As far as I know, it's working for After Kerbin which also utilises this.

Unfortunately without a Mac there's not much I can really do, so it's very slow going. Luckily i'm working my way through the steps previously posted :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2017 at 6:30 AM, Gameslinx said:

Hey all! Expect a 1.3.1 update for this mod soon. It will bring about some good RAM optimisations, thus only requiring 4GB instead of 5. Your game should run smoother with these changes, too.

Sorry for the long wait! GPO will also be getting a 1.3.1 update as well as bug fixes and optimisations in the near future.

Great really exciting for this Mod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for the late response. I've been busy working on AfK and bringing GPO up to date with 1.3.1.

@DjPreside has made an amazing logo for the mod, and his work is definitely creditable. here it is!

Bg38F3Wu1cEmWpIokqGZ6yx6Jf_vTcVjmbcyf8X6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MwRKvHk.png

there are somekind of "white line border" at the edge of my plane when fly over the sea, what is the problem ?

And..........

utOGA8S.png

Still have problem with this thing, i had been change the texture option to max but still get this ;.; what is wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

Still have problem with this thing, i had been change the texture option to max but still get this ;.; what is wrong?

You need to up the terrain setting. Main menu, Settings, Graphics, Terrain Detail -> High.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, DiscoveryPlanet said:

Still have problem with this thing, i had been change the texture option to max but still get this ;.; what is wrong?

You should be running the most recent version of BK. Also follow the above ^^ that should fix it for ya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

You should be running the most recent version of BK. Also follow the above ^^ that should fix it for ya.

 

11 hours ago, taniwha said:

You need to up the terrain setting. Main menu, Settings, Graphics, Terrain Detail -> High.

Whooa THX all :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gameslinx this and After Kerbin look truly awesome.

Do you have any preference for or against listing these planet paks on CKAN?

Related: the metadata for Spacedock lists that BK is pegged for KSP v1.3.0.  Does that mean that you suggest holding off with applying it to a v1.3.1 install?

Edited by MisterFister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MisterFister said:

@Gameslinx this and After Kerbin look truly awesome.

Do you have any preference for or against listing these planet paks on CKAN?

Related: the metadata for Spacedock lists that BK is pegged for KSP v1.3.0.  Does that mean that you suggest holding off with applying it to a v1.3.1 install?

Eventually these mods may make it to CKAN, but only in their final releases. This is to avoid as many issues as possible and ensure the best quality for everyone.

You can use BK for 1.3.1. Simply download Kopernicus for 1.3.1 and replace the existing files with the new version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Eventually these mods may make it to CKAN, but only in their final releases. This is to avoid as many issues as possible and ensure the best quality for everyone.

You can use BK for 1.3.1. Simply download Kopernicus for 1.3.1 and replace the existing files with the new version.

Ok, and I'm assuming you don't but I'll ask here while I have your attention and I'm knee-deep into doing it:  Are you aware of any issues that would come of using CKAN to manage Kopernicus alongside a manual install of your planetpaks?  (I'm initially going to be working in a sterile standalone-install of KSP specifically for modtesting purposes.  Here, the CKAN-emphasis is in easily switching between different mod configurations with a mouse click.  This can be achieved without CKAN by running branch-redundant copies of KSP, but even on the SSD that I use, the read/write actions on a 3.3GB footprint like modless-KSP can bog down my system so I would hope to anticipate where it is or is not absolutely necessary.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MisterFister said:

Are you aware of any issues that would come of using CKAN to manage Kopernicus alongside a manual install of your planetpaks?

I believe that manually installing a mod outside of Ckan doesn't store the "I have that mod installed" data where CKAN can access it. For example, Ckan will not read the "AfterKerbin, scatterer, EVE," and all the rest of AfK's components as just one mod. I'd recommend avoiding doing that, and installing After Kerbin last lest anything bad happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gameslinx said:

-snip-

Oh of course.  My fault for not being clearer -- I'm a very heavy modder, very rarely doing playthroughs with fewer than 225 mods at a shot.  I'm very aware of the excruciating pain that comes with a mixed-CKAN install, and I therefore tend to restrict myself to as few manual-install mods as kerbally possible -- fewer than five, if I ever can.

I was specifically asking my question in response to one of your references to overwrite -- overwriting files is a BIG source of cancer for CKAN, which is why I was just simply asking in passing if you specifically knew of any finer detail or not.

As an aside, I can say that if the netKAN is properly written and maintained, CKAN does a rather serviceable job of hosting WIP mods.  Given the interlaced dependencies you bake into your mod here, I'd submit that perhaps it would be more advantageous, and not less, to adopt CKAN deployment during development instead of waiting, since development version pushes could very well change a fair few hiding install parameters.  A prominent side-benefit of CKAN installation, mind you, is CKAN-uninstallation as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.