[1.4.2] Before Kerbin - 2 Billion Years before Kerbol

Gameslinx

17 minutes ago, MisterFister said:

I was specifically asking my question in response to one of your references to overwrite -- overwriting files is a BIG source of cancer for CKAN, which is why I was just simply asking in passing if you specifically knew of any finer detail or not.

I have no way of telling the user whether a certain mod is incompatible. For example, don't install SVE or any visual mod / planet pack which places kerbin with AfK. Two planets cannot replace kerbin, thus AfK and GPP would be incompatible (unless I made a patch to correct this, which I am doing)

Fair enough.  My original curiosity was with respect to Kopernicus itself.  I downloaded and installed straight from your zipfile, and the AVC notified me on load that the packaged Kopernicus was for KSP v1.3.0.  Hence the inkling to CKAN Kopernicus... etc.

No worries!

I cant get this mod to work correctly, it has to do with the kopernicus mod refusing to work even when i replaced it with the updated version.

In the main menu it says that it failed to load the planetpack and that it does not recommend to start any saves, and when i try ksp crashes...

It still shows the new planet in the background i Think, but with no moon and almost no stars

what to do?

...help...

Also: what happens if i try to load an old World with these new planets?

Edited by Eriksonn

2 hours ago, Eriksonn said:

I cant get this mod to work correctly, it has to do with the kopernicus mod refusing to work even when i replaced it with the updated version.

In the main menu it says that it failed to load the planetpack and that it does not recommend to start any saves, and when i try ksp crashes...

It still shows the new planet in the background i Think, but with no moon and almost no stars

what to do?

...help...

Also: what happens if i try to load an old World with these new planets?

Please provide a screenshot of your GameData folder. Are you trying to run on 1.3.1 with the correct Kopernicus version?

5 hours ago, Eriksonn said:

how do you insert the text folder without freezing up the website with crtl-v?

Also, how many posts do i need to not need to wait for moderator to unhide it all the time

You will need to upload the log file to a site like dropbox, then link the download link here. Past in the text into the forums is definitely not advised by the staff

16 minutes ago, Eriksonn said:

[ERR 19:17:59.310] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'PartToolsEditor':

[ERR 19:17:59.366] AssemblyLoader: Exception loading 'KSPAssetCompiler':

it looks like a bugged KSP install to me? I'll continue to look through it.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Eriksonn said:

Thats what i expected also, but the overheating came very fast whith altitude, became suprised by that. :/

is it becauce the whole planet has overheat but the other parts of it are higher and therefore out of reach?

It's because the heat curve is exponential

6 hours ago, QuentinPlaysMC said:

Is this compatible with extrasolar? and if not, is there a way for me to fannagle with files so that it is?

You could try, but I'm not sure since I haven't tried them both together.

I can add compatibility with it if you like

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.