Model+UVA map using a premade concept Request

Hi guys!

I have been trying for multiple months now to work on part modding. I have finally given up on being able to make a uv map (blender wont install for me do to slow network so I'm stuck with wings3d :(). I have a perfectly good model built in wings3d, but I cannot attach the UV map to it due to technical difficulty. Would someone be willing to remake my model with an included UV map so that I can finally add in my texture? The model (shown below) is literally just a cylinder and 2 squares attached into the side to act as windows.

The model is the same dimensions of the mk2 lander can.

All meaningful changes will be inside of my config file which I already have written.

Thanks!

Edited by nascarlaser1

I think your going to have further problems as you'll need Unity to get the part into the game and Unity makes Blender look small - looking at one of the old 4.X Unity installs and it's over a gig.

Not to be rude or anything, but Blender and Unity are the least of your problems if you can't even manage to create a UV-map for something as simple as a cylinder and a cube, which by the way, are the simplest primitive meshes one can uv-unwrap.

Instead of focusing on the more "complex" aspects of modding such as using Blender and Unity, I suggest you spend some time looking up tutorials on the basics of Wings3D, Blender and Unity, as there are plenty of wonderful tutorials (both in written and video form) out there for you to learn from.

Creating a uv-map is really not difficult, you just need to watch and/or read a couple of "how-to's" and you'll get the hang of it in no time.

8 hours ago, liquidhype said:

Not to be rude or anything, but Blender and Unity are the least of your problems if you can't even manage to create a UV-map for something as simple as a cylinder and a cube, which by the way, are the simplest primitive meshes one can uv-unwrap.

Instead of focusing on the more "complex" aspects of modding such as using Blender and Unity, I suggest you spend some time looking up tutorials on the basics of Wings3D, Blender and Unity, as there are plenty of wonderful tutorials (both in written and video form) out there for you to learn from.

Creating a uv-map is really not difficult, you just need to watch and/or read a couple of "how-to's" and you'll get the hang of it in no time.

I've looked up many tutorials. I think the problem with my wings3d program is that it downloaded wrong and is broken. Multiple times I've started making a UV map, but then I'll suddenly not be able to find any of the correct buttons where they are supposed to be, even if they were there on the previous try :(.

6 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

@nascarlaser1 Have you ever textured anything before? If you cant figure out how to unwrap your object, how do you plan on texturing it? 

I have multiple tutorials for both unwrapping and texturing, yet my program does not have the same options/buttons as it should according to the tutorials, so I cant unwarp anything :(.

6 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

I have multiple tutorials for both unwrapping and texturing, yet my program does not have the same options/buttons as it should according to the tutorials, so I cant unwarp anything :(.

You are going to have to figure those things out. Everything is built upon the other. You need to model with UV unwrapping in-mind. you need to unwrap with texturing in mind. You are getting to far ahead of yourself. Getting your software issues fixed would be your best course of action. I could do what your asking in a few minutes. But I think it would be a waste of my time. I'm not trying to be mean, but I doubt anyone is going to make that for you. Perhaps you should make a post showing what your 3d program is doing and someone can help you.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.