Another ancient lurker

LordHumungus

Hi all,

I'm a newly-registered old lurker.  Which sounds absolutely filthy.

I bought the game, so my email records tell me, in February '13.  I stumbled across it quite by action after @TinyPirate of Getting Started with Dwarf Fortress mentioned it on Twitter.  The rest is history.

In real life, I'm an Aussie dad-gamer... I've sworn off MMOs because I find it hard to compete with adolescents with no responsibilities and the outright unemployed building their characters for 16 hours every day, who also have double-digit millisecond pings to the servers while I have 200ms at best until quantum entanglement comms become common.  So, it's single-player pursuits for me (which again sounds filthy) which I can save and set aside at a moment's notice without ingame repurcussions.  While I meander off onto other games but it seems my little green buddies always call me back.  

I'm currently on a hard-mode campaign (with reverts enabled because I'm soft), and I have questions, and that's probably what's flushed me out of hiding after four and a half years... but that's for later and another forum.

-Humungus

An Aussie named Lord Humongous? Y'know, my wife and I once got ahold of a Mad Max copy with original aussie audio, tried to watch it without subtitles... ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE! :D 

Anyway.. welcome, you old lurker!

Thanks all for your kind welcome.

On 8/19/2017 at 0:53 AM, monstah said:

An Aussie named Lord Humongous? Y'know, my wife and I once got ahold of a Mad Max copy with original aussie audio, tried to watch it without subtitles... ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE! :D 

Anyway.. welcome, you old lurker!

I remember a wise old Texan once say at a conference - "I don't talk funny.  Y'all listen funny."

Actually, who am I kidding?  We talk funny.

Anyway...

Just walk away. Give me your pump, the oil, the gasoline, and the whole compound, and I'll spare your lives. Just walk away and we'll give you a safe passageway in the wastelands. Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.