What are your favorite types of vehicles?

Grand Ship Builder

What are your favorite types of vehicles?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite vehicles to get into space?

• Expendable Rockets
    • Re-usable rockets
    • Spaceplanes
    • Air-launched rockets
    • Sea-launched Rockets
    • Sea-launched Spaceplanes
    • Other (more will be added)
  2. 2. What are your favorite common types of vehicles?

• Cars
    • Planes
    • Boats
    • Rockets
    • Gliders
    • Submarines
    • Amphibious vehicles
    • Helicopters
    • VTOL
    • Rovers
    • Trains
    • Other (once again, more will be added, so please suggest some more if it isn't on this list.)

I love the aesthetic, so most of the time, spaceplanes or SSTOs is what I'm building in SPH. I also usually prefer them to be drones, not manned. Other than that, simply a very small drone (try to be as small/ simple/ cute as possible) :P

I like re-usable, and good looking launch vehicles, even though i rarely make them anymore.

Other than that, i like building planes but pretty much every cool SPH gizmo is quite fun to build and ride.

I like ships that are built in orbit and stay in space. I love building them a staging base where they can be refitted and refueled, so sci fi!

Lately I seem to have a penchant for building re-entry gliders that land on skids instead of wheels, something about it is just so much fun to me. (Especially with the collision fx mod, for added Sparks on landing!)

11 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

Regarding question #1, where's the option for just plain old regular sized disposable rockets?

It was meant to be that, but I made it like late in the night.

#1 isn't accounting for Falcon Heavy, which is only slightly less powerful than the Saturn V, the most powerful rocket ever (successfully) flown, or even Falcon 9, but it will soon

I used to like space but I'm tired of it. There's not a single launch vehicle left that raises my heart rate. Therefore: other.

Common vehicles: cars, boats, helicopters and turboprops - all stock.

Edited by Azimech

Expendable rockets all day every day. And planes. I like planes.

1 hour ago, Grand Ship Builder said:

#1 isn't accounting for Falcon Heavy, which is only slightly less powerful than the Saturn V, the most powerful rocket ever (successfully) flown, or even Falcon 9, but it will soon

Falcon Heavy would fall under reusable rocket, IIRC.

And Falcon Heavy hasn't flown so it's not comparable, in the slightest, to Saturn V. When (and if) it does fly we can talk.

And its (not yet real) lifting capability is less than half that of Saturn V and slightly less than the (equally not yet real) SLS block 1.

Edited by regex

1 minute ago, eloquentJane said:

I always enjoy designing rockets, be they expendable or reusable. As for other vehicles, coming up with good rover designs is usually quite interesting, and it's always quite fun to build a huge multi-module interplanetary transport vehicle with several launches.

I actually enjoy assembling larger platforms in space, too. The challenge is proper alignment and lifer platforms... and makes it more realistic in my opinion.

I like odd payload arrangement SSTOs, but I usually don't follow through with cool mission plans that use them. I've been flying some variant of my Fulmar Piggyback Cargo SSTO, good god, since probably 0.23.5. A brief example of the current design can be found here.

Edited by Mecha Pants

For number two I chose other because...I build trains...

No its not just a silly habit, its darn hard to standardize and coordinate and build even just 5 pieces of rolling stock and/or locomotives, harder to build a rocket and lander that can fit the darn things, and even HARDER to land the things! And I haven't even tried sending something of the scale of whats in my profile picture to space yet...

Also, shouldn't uh, cars be changes to rovers, just to make it a bit more general..?

Edited by Spacetraindriver

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.