Movie Ideas

Souper

MOVIE IDEA

Name: "Mandela"

25% science fiction
75% cosmic horror

Basic idea: Scientist(s?) discovers alternate realities and tries to explore them but they're so freaky and horrific and disturbing that the scientist(s?) is/are mentally broken afterward and commit suicide.

Imagery focus: Real imagery. Everything is real. No CGI. Heavy use of uncanny valley and dark abstract imagery. Draw some stuff from H.R Giger too. Also sprinkle in some impossible geometry here and there.

Writing focus: Use lots of prose and make the plot feel as hopeless and depressing and terrible as possible. Completely alienate the viewer. Make them feel as wrong and insignificant as possible.

Music focus: No music or sound effects whatsoever. Use ONLY the same sounds as the characters are hearing for maximum immersion. Have the movie's theme be full of low droning and wind with faint alien voices.

Acting focus: Don't act. Behave as though the characters are real people, like found footage films.

19 hours ago, Souper said:

25% science fiction
75% cosmic horror

Scientist(s?) discovers alternate realities and tries to explore them but they're so freaky and horrific and disturbing that the scientist(s?) is/are mentally broken afterward and commit suicide.

Draw some stuff from H.R Giger too. Also sprinkle in some impossible geometry here and there.

Use lots of prose and make the plot feel as hopeless and depressing and terrible as possible. 

So it's basically a Lovecraft story? I'm in!  :)

Edited by Just Jim

21 hours ago, Souper said:

MOVIE IDEA

Name: "Mandela"

25% science fiction
75% cosmic horror

Basic idea: Scientist(s?) discovers alternate realities and tries to explore them but they're so freaky and horrific and disturbing that the scientist(s?) is/are mentally broken afterward and commit suicide.

Imagery focus: Real imagery. Everything is real. No CGI. Heavy use of uncanny valley and dark abstract imagery. Draw some stuff from H.R Giger too. Also sprinkle in some impossible geometry here and there.

Writing focus: Use lots of prose and make the plot feel as hopeless and depressing and terrible as possible. Completely alienate the viewer. Make them feel as wrong and insignificant as possible.

Music focus: No music or sound effects whatsoever. Use ONLY the same sounds as the characters are hearing for maximum immersion. Have the movie's theme be full of low droning and wind with faint alien voices.

Acting focus: Don't act. Behave as though the characters are real people, like found footage films.

Wow. You want the entire movie set to use physical models rather than computer models...

On 17.08.2017 at 7:22 PM, Souper said:

Draw some stuff from H.R Giger too.

Never could understand why do they call Giger's artwork horrors.
His biomechanoids are funny, sometimes disgusting, but what horrific is there?..

On 17.08.2017 at 7:22 PM, Souper said:

Use lots of prose and make the plot feel as hopeless and depressing and terrible as possible.

Easily.
A queue for free soup in a hospice somewhere in Africa from an unemployed rocket engineer point of view.
The movie budget is 1 USD.

Here's my movie Idea:

Clockwork Angels 

The film itself is based upon the novel by the Same name by Kevin J. Anderson

The story is about a coming of age individual by the name of Owen Hardy wanting to explore the world and find true love beyond his small village upbringings in a world which is controlled by the pre-determinism of an all seeing individual known as The Watchmaker.

I would describe this movie as a Science Fiction (Steampunk) and Adventure.

The soundtrack for this film would mostly be of music by Rush from their 2012 Album also titled Clockwork Angels

Edited by Jeb1969

Interesting idea.

I'd like to remake Star Trek II (Into Darkness was not a remake). Mainly because I want Khan to actually threaten the Enterprise and its crew, and maybe even move the destruction of the ship to this movie. Don't get me wrong, I love Wrath of Khan, there's just not much actual wrath.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.