Jumper Cables

N.B It didn't come up in a quick search, but it probably has been suggested previously. Still though...

I'm sure most of us at some point discover the need to rescue Kerbals stranded in some place or other, but what about automated tech? I was trying to come up with a way to rescue a polar rover (without a docking port) that had run out of electric charge. I plan to send a replacement that could also recover the failed mission but short of pushing it to a lower latitude, I'm at a loss as how to recharge it. It would be easy if the rover body had the equivalent of a shed receptacle box and jumper cables were available in game.

Both of those things would be cool.

Alternatively, if you want an actual cable that can transfer electricity, I'm pretty sure the ones from the KIS/KAS mods can do that. They're probably closer to what you have in mind, but are of course only an option if you're willing to use mods.

Edited by eloquentJane

On 8/17/2017 at 7:57 PM, Long Finger said:

N.B It didn't come up in a quick search, but it probably has been suggested previously. Still though...

I'm sure most of us at some point discover the need to rescue Kerbals stranded in some place or other, but what about automated tech? I was trying to come up with a way to rescue a polar rover (without a docking port) that had run out of electric charge. I plan to send a replacement that could also recover the failed mission but short of pushing it to a lower latitude, I'm at a loss as how to recharge it. It would be easy if the rover body had the equivalent of a shed receptacle box and jumper cables were available in game.

Both of those things would be cool.

The main question aside, why would you want to rescue a rover?  Isn't the point of a rover that they are expendable once they have run out of 'life'?. 

Even in career mode, wouldn't it be cheaper, and easier to launch another rover to where you want it to go, this time carrying the proper equipment so it won't run out of power?

On 8/27/2017 at 2:36 PM, Gargamel said:

The main question aside, why would you want to rescue a rover?  Isn't the point of a rover that they are expendable once they have run out of 'life'?. 

Even in career mode, wouldn't it be cheaper, and easier to launch another rover to where you want it to go, this time carrying the proper equipment so it won't run out of power?

Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.