KC-09 Drake "Mighty Duck"

XLjedi

5 hours ago, Shaun said:

Loving your craft files! May I suggest angling/rotating the main wings up ever so slightly to reduce the angle of attack at low speeds?

That is an excellent suggestion!  ...and I will flight test that a bit today to see if I Iike/prefer it.  The "airblade" system on this one is pretty awesome in that respect already and I intended the main wing to also serve as a pivot point between the fore-aft blades.  Changing the AoA may disrupt the flight dynamics; but I do like the idea of tinkering with it.  So we'll see.

Update:  I flight tested the addition of a bit of rotation on the main wings and it felt like an improvement in the water takeoff/landing, which I thought was already quite good!  ...double-checking the effect on cruising at altitude, particularly in time-warp situations.... all looks good, will include this in the final design!  Excellent suggestion!

Edited by XLjedi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.