Warhammer 40k Rhino Mk1

The Rhino Mk1

Features 2 fully clipped hatch seats, 4 fully functional exhausts, Non functional smoke launchers, and some headlights. 

0MKpgo6.png

Working ramp for "easy" access for up to 14 troupers.qC0sRU1.png

https://kerbalx.com/erasmusguy/40k-Rhino-MK1 for the craft file. Now, I'm off to invade the Mun! 

Edited by erasmusguy

14 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

Could you provide more details on how the hinge works? I'm intrigued having never seen that done before. I might want to try that myself.

The hinge is a variation of the one invented by Majorjim! It works by the ramp being a separate craft after the decoupler is staged, but it's held in place by the thermometers. When its closed it docks onto the docking port jr and its considered part of the ship again.

pd5dwO4.png

The reaction wheel allows the ramp to move.

ZWoo1Nm.png

hope that helps.

23 minutes ago, The Dunatian said:

How is the I-beam held in place by the thermometers? I don't see any connecting parts.

I use editor extensions redux to allow you to move parts further apart than in the stock game, but you can still build something similar in stock. The ibeam is attached to that coupler off to the right. The rcs thrusters are placed at either end of the ibeam and I moved them out ( I guess I could have left them where they where though).

Vanilla stock version

QWabW8l.png

The thermometers are attached to the octagonal struts and moved into position. 

rEgt73X.png

Edited by erasmusguy

17 minutes ago, erasmusguy said:

I use editor extensions redux to allow you to move parts further apart than in the stock game, but you can still build something similar in stock. The ibeam is attached to that coupler off to the right. The rcs thrusters are placed at either end of the ibeam and I moved them out ( I guess I could have left them where they where though).

Vanilla stock version

QWabW8l.png

The thermometers are attached to the octagonal struts and moved into position. 

rEgt73X.png

Ive made a craft file to illustrate this

https://kerbalx.com/erasmusguy/stock-hinge-ramp-door-thing just press w or s to move the ramp and undock on the docking port to errrr undock the ramp.

2 hours ago, esinohio said:

A little paint,some decals, and one Kerbal who isn't afraid to use that bolter... UltraMarines reporting in sir!

TSltlOP.png

Love your Rhino! 

I love this!!! Papa smurf would approve!

Edited by erasmusguy

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.