Loading Screen?

SupperRobin6394

Wrong section? No clue, I'm on vacation with 0.01mbps internet so I can't really do any research or anything. Sorry if it's the wrong section.

Yes, I tried Google...

Okay so basically, I had this lovely loading screen when I was starting the game which I REALLY want as my wallpaper. 

It was an image of 2 Kerbals fist bumping in a command pod (or cockpit)

One was male with an orange suit, other was female in th same suit (Jeb and Valentina?)

Does anyone have any clue?

Thanks in advance and apologize for the messy topic, I don't really use my phone to do stuff other then nothing.

Robin.

1 hour ago, Geonovast said:

Were your "Photoshop skills" doodling over it with black in MSPaint like I did?

G7Pccw.png

I used a high tech software that uses the powers of communisim to place a black box over it

Edited by Kerbal pancake

35 minutes ago, SupperRobin6394 said:

I love you guys!!!

Now we're on it anyways, is there any way to extract all the images from the game?

With so many brilliant people here, some surely must be able to do that!

I've been looking, but the only solution I found... didn't work.  Probably because I'm not a programmer.  Not sure why they're not just included as jpgs or something, but I'm sure Squad had their reason.

I think most of the images have a nice dark spot on the bottom where the words go, don't they?  Might have to just screenshot'm.

4 hours ago, SupperRobin6394 said:

Now we're on it anyways, is there any way to extract all the images from the game?

Please be aware that it's not okay to decompile or reverse-engineer the game (e.g. extracting content from binaries outside of GameData), so no discussion of such here, please.

From the add-on posting rules:

8. Legal boundaries

You may not decompile, modify or distribute any of the .dll files or other files KSP comes with beyond content of the GameData folder. Follow the EULA.

So unless it's an image that's just sitting there as a file in GameData, you're basically out of luck.

3 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Does prtScr or Screen Snippet not work in the loading screens?  Both are native to Windows. 

Dunno, but KSP's screenshot capability via F1 does work.  So that handles that, right there.  :)

6 hours ago, SupperRobin6394 said:

I love you guys!!!

With so many brilliant people here, some surely must be able to do that!

using a screenshot tool (or the one built into steam) you can just take screenshots of each page as it appears.

3 minutes ago, Ultimate Steve said:

How did you get that loading screen? Is it new in 1.3? I'm only getting 2 or 3 different screens...

I believe they just pop up randomly.  Sometimes you get a different screen, and sometimes you get the same one you had the last time.  Maybe this one just hasn't come up for you yet.

I could be wrong though.

8 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I've been looking, but the only solution I found... didn't work.  Probably because I'm not a programmer.  Not sure why they're not just included as jpgs or something, but I'm sure Squad had their reason.

I think most of the images have a nice dark spot on the bottom where the words go, don't they?  Might have to just screenshot'm.

Some have the black borders so that makes photoshop easy, some will just require a bit more advanced skills.

8 hours ago, Gargamel said:

Does prtScr or Screen Snippet not work in the loading screens?  Both are native to Windows. 

It does, but not all of them have black borders sadly.

The loading screen just didn't appear for me after it did once, that's why I asked.

4 hours ago, Snark said:

Please be aware that it's not okay to decompile or reverse-engineer the game (e.g. extracting content from binaries outside of GameData), so no discussion of such here, please.

From the add-on posting rules:

So unless it's an image that's just sitting there as a file in GameData, you're basically out of luck.

Dunno, but KSP's screenshot capability via F1 does work.  So that handles that, right there.  :)

F1 doesn't work in the loading screens as far as I know.

Abojt decompiling, I was hoping for it to sit around in Squad's gamedata folder

3 hours ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

A quick reverse google image search turned up this 1080p version with no black borders:

http://www.accesoxbox.com/img/logros/2474/logro_1.jpg

logro_1.jpg

No clue where it actually came from originally.

Sweet!

I believe it was from the trailer of 1.0, "we have liftoff"?

2 hours ago, nascarlaser1 said:

using a screenshot tool (or the one built into steam) you can just take screenshots of each page as it appears.

See my replies above in this post ^

2 hours ago, Ultimate Steve said:

How did you get that loading screen? Is it new in 1.3? I'm only getting 2 or 3 different screens...

Only once since 1.3.

I have no clue how the game handles loading screens I get some more often and some (like this one) rarely or only once.

You'd figure releasing these as wallpapers would be a cheap and reasonable means of marketing the game, and in no way hurt potential profits.

That said, I'm not surprised in the slightest we have to resort to screen capture and Photoshop.  Keeping things unnecessarily behind lock and key is what companies do.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.