[1.8.x, 1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] KW Rocketry Rebalanced

linuxgurugamer

Quick question, is anyone else seeing the particle effects on the Mk1 RCS quad and quad 45 "reversed"?

I've been playing highly modded KSP 1.2.x for some time, always with KWR 3.1.2 for ages with no issues. I switched over to try Making History (KSP 1.4.1) and installed KW Rebalanced 3.2.5.1. And BTW thank Linuxgurugamer for maintaining this (and so many other) must have mods.

So here's my question - is anyone seeing reversed plumes but normal behaviour on the KW RCS? When I press "H" the RCS jets shoot forward instead of towards the rear, but the vessel accelerates as normal, prsseing "N" results in jets firing rearwards, but deceleration occurs. Ditto for the other rotational/translational controls.I was playing with a bunch of mods, but I stripped them all out, went back to vanilla KSP 1.4.1 install and added just KWRR and I still see it.

The plumes also seem a fair bit larger than I recall for the version I was using before, but that could be just my recollection, it's the direction issue that matters.

I didn't see any exceptions so not adding a log file. Apologies if this has already been raise, but wanted to ask around before dashing off to work.

6 hours ago, EatVacuum said:

Quick question, is anyone else seeing the particle effects on the Mk1 RCS quad and quad 45 "reversed"?

I've not yet experienced a reverse plume on the RCS but I do get a reverse plume on the Service Module Propulsion System.

10 hours ago, EatVacuum said:

So here's my question - is anyone seeing reversed plumes but normal behaviour on the KW RCS? When I press "H" the RCS jets shoot forward instead of towards the rear, but the vessel accelerates as normal, prsseing "N" results in jets firing rearwards, but deceleration occurs. Ditto for the other rotational/translational controls.I was playing with a bunch of mods, but I stripped them all out, went back to vanilla KSP 1.4.1 install and added just KWRR and I still see it.

I see it :-(

and it looks really strange.  I suspect it's due to the new particle systems

I noticed that th stock rcs is now using a different module, will have to loo at that

@EatVacuum 

11 hours ago, EatVacuum said:

And BTW thank Linuxgurugamer for maintaining this (and so many other) must have mods.

Don't thank him, pay him :)  

https://www.patreon.com/linuxgurugamer

For a list of his work load look at this

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1vS3F56EmMcfPgLPiMJrmlGo_Op1iLJoxYoEarnXpVNg/edit#gid=0

Edited by Agnemon
added google spreadsheet link

11 hours ago, EatVacuum said:

I have this fixed

3 hours ago, Agnemon said:
3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I have this fixed

@linuxgurugamer - Really, 11 hours to make the fix, that is unacceptable!     <-- NOT TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. Really, what do you do, just sit there 24/7 monitoring the several dozens of threads for all your supported apps?

I would love to throw you some $$$$. But I've been burned a few times so now I avoid giving my regular card info to most online payment systems, using no-name third party ATMS, small retailers in foreign countries etc. :( I'll try to see about picking up a prepaid credit card, but I'd rather drop a single significant one-time payment though rather than the $1 monthly that seems to be the only option on your Patreon page. And perhaps further payments each time a KSP update breaks them all or whenever you rescue a new abandoned mod I'm fond of.

10 hours ago, EatVacuum said:

I would love to throw you some $$$$. But I've been burned a few times so now I avoid giving my regular card info to most online payment systems, using no-name third party ATMS, small retailers in foreign countries etc. :( I'll try to see about picking up a prepaid credit card, but I'd rather drop a single significant one-time payment though rather than the $1 monthly that seems to be the only option on your Patreon page. And perhaps further payments each time a KSP update breaks them all or whenever you rescue a new abandoned mod I'm fond of.

You can change the amount of the monthly to a big number while @linuxgurugamer is busting his ass because of a major update. Then set it back to whatever amount after that. Also, use PayPal for the contribution, provides an extra layer.

20 hours ago, Avelium said:

Sorry I still have this issue with Service Module engine in version 3.2.5.2.

Reveal hidden contents

1.jpg

It's going to have to wait until I get all the other updates done.  It's a model problem, and I'll need to find someone to help

On ‎22‎.‎3‎.‎2018 at 4:30 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

It's going to have to wait until I get all the other updates done.  It's a model problem, and I'll need to find someone to help

You need to rotate the particle 180 degree.In the meanwhile here is the patch to fix that.

@PART[KW2mengineSPS]
{
 @EFFECTS
 {
  @running_closed
  {
   @PREFAB_PARTICLE[Flame2]
   {
   localOffset = 0,-0.8,0
   localRotation = 1,0,0,-180
   }
  }
  }
}

1 minute ago, sebi.zzr said:

You need to rotate the particle 180 degree.In the meanwhile here is the patch to fix that.

@PART[KW2mengineSPS]
{
 @EFFECTS
 {
  @running_closed
  {
   @PREFAB_PARTICLE[Flame2]
   {
   localOffset = 0,-0.8,0
   localRotation = 1,0,0,-180
   }
  }
  }
}

Thanks, I'll get this merged into the mod.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question: does the modified wiehght and fuel capacity  change small rockets significantly? For example does lighter with less fuel tanks affect the delta-V very much or does the thus increased TWR compensates. I guess my former smaller launchers won't be as overpowered as they were. But I also remember than some smaller tanks were a pain to lift with earlier engines due to their higher weight than average.

On the other hand if I follow the changes as stated bigger fuel tanks get more efficient since they are lighter with the same amount of fuel if not more?

This is still an awesome mod even if, ironically some of it is kinda included into the DLC. The Overpowered Saturn V tweaked configuration (either with half empty fuel tanks or with 4 more F-1 eggines) rivals KWR equivalent launchers with ease.

But KWR still has stylish parts and a great variety of those, together with Knes parts you can build pretty much everything you need in terms of rockets.  And tbh, even if some parts get to be similar with newer ones, I still like to have the choice, just to differenciate my launchers. The paint job makes each rocket instantly recognisable if you apply a classification to your vehicles.

Have you researched the parts in the tech tree? If not, come back to the R&D complex to make sure you have them researched.

I just get the same problem.

I get it, the first KWR folder has another GameData folder in it as well as Extras (for the engine response mod), go inside the GameData and take the other KWR folder, it is the one you must put into your GameData folder in the game.

Double arborescence means the files adress is not valid, therefore the parts are not recognised...

Edited by Quoniam Kerman

On 4/7/2018 at 4:52 PM, Quoniam Kerman said:

Have you researched the parts in the tech tree? If not, come back to the R&D complex to make sure you have them researched.

I just get the same problem.

I get it, the first KWR folder has another GameData folder in it as well as Extras (for the engine response mod), go inside the GameData and take the other KWR folder, it is the one you must put into your GameData folder in the game.

Double arborescence means the files adress is not valid, therefore the parts are not recognised...

what? also im in sandbox

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/29/2018 at 11:14 PM, DarkSlimus said:

hi

In the extra folder I don't understand where I must put the subassemblies folder for procedural fairings 

Move the subassemblies into the Subassemblies folder in the save file folder.  Using the name "game1" as an example, you would move it to:

MainKspDir/game1/Subassemblies

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.