[1.8.x, 1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] KW Rocketry Rebalanced

linuxgurugamer

12 minutes ago, wellnotme said:

1.3.1 link please

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

It's already there.  If you'll look at the main post for this thread, you'll see that the mod is hosted on SpaceDock.  One nice thing about SpaceDock is, any mod hosted there automatically provides links to all past versions.  So all you have to do is go to the SpaceDock page for the mod, click on the "Changelog" tab, and then scroll down the list until you see the one that says "for Kerbal Space Program 1.3.1"

• 1 month later...

@linuxgurugamer found a small bug in the included subassemblies:

Both 3.75m variants have been built while a typo existed in the partname for the WildcatXR engine, leading to them both failing to load because they expect to find a part called WildcarXR instead. I've run a S&R on both subassembly files, changing the appropriate letter, and they seem to work fine with no alignment issues.

I don't know how to make the appropriate changes in the correct manner on Github, but I did open an Issue about it. Filenames all start "Launcher 3.75m", problem exists in both Default (Procedural) and FAR Legacy variants.

42 minutes ago, JH4C said:

@linuxgurugamer found a small bug in the included subassemblies:

Both 3.75m variants have been built while a typo existed in the partname for the WildcatXR engine, leading to them both failing to load because they expect to find a part called WildcarXR instead. I've run a S&R on both subassembly files, changing the appropriate letter, and they seem to work fine with no alignment issues.

I don't know how to make the appropriate changes in the correct manner on Github, but I did open an Issue about it. Filenames all start "Launcher 3.75m", problem exists in both Default (Procedural) and FAR Legacy variants.

Ok, thanks, I'll get them updated

New release, 3.2.5.5

• Fixed typo in subassemblies, from Wildcar to Wildcat

have you thought of implementing some of the legacy KW rocketry parts? i remember back in the yee-olde days, when KW rocketry was relatively new, it had some fancy rocket engines with many nozzles, and other neat parts, but they were eventually deprecated. idk if its even possible to find these old parts, but i think it would be great to have em back :)

Just now, 123nick said:

have you thought of implementing some of the legacy KW rocketry parts? i remember back in the yee-olde days, when KW rocketry was relatively new, it had some fancy rocket engines with many nozzles, and other neat parts, but they were eventually deprecated. idk if its even possible to find these old parts, but i think it would be great to have em back :)

I have no idea where to get them, or if they would even be usable in the current game.

Besides, there are plenty of other mods with things like that

3 minutes ago, JoE Smash said:

@linuxgurugamerwhen downloading through CKAN for version 1.4.3 of KSP, it downloads the newest version of KW Rocketry for version 1.4.4.....is this going to be an issue when I run the game?

Should I manually install the prior version? If so where do I put the "extras" folder?

No, difference, it's a part mod

11 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No, difference, it's a part mod

Thanks for your response as always m8!

One more question....sorry....

You are not the only modder to publish versions that don't match the current game version through CKAN. How am I to know when it is safe to use a "mismatched version," ask? Or hope the modder set it up on CKAN correctly? 

Typically if the version is older I check first....but many modders have updated mods for KSP v1.4.4.....not just you, and I have quite a few mods that are for 1.4.4 now.... even though I have CKAN set to only install for version 1.4.3.

Should I just assume those are all ok?

Edited by JoE Smash

2 minutes ago, JoE Smash said:

Thanks for your response as always m8!

One more question....sorry....

You are not the only modder to publish versions that don't match the current game version through CKAN. How am I to know when it is safe to use a "mismatched version," ask? Or hope the modder set it up on CKAN correctly? 

Typically if the version is older I check first....but many modders have updated mods for KSP v1.4.4.....not just you, and I have quite a few mods that are for 1.4.4 now.... even though I have CKAN set to only install for version 1.4.3.

Should I just assume those are all ok?

The answer is...you have to look and pay attention. ;)

CKAN is a great tool, but there is a tendency to rely on its logic a bit too much. Whenever there is an update flagged in CKAN, it's always a good idea to look at the forum for that mod to make sure you really want to update it. Even better, wait a bit to see whether any issues arise with your particular version before updating. Also, many mods listed as 1.4.4 compatible might also work on any 1.4.x version, but the mod config file only lists the latest version for simplicity (with Kopernicus and planet mods as notable exceptions). this is why checking first is a good thing.

1 hour ago, Gilph said:

The answer is...you have to look and pay attention. ;)

CKAN is a great tool, but there is a tendency to rely on its logic a bit too much. Whenever there is an update flagged in CKAN, it's always a good idea to look at the forum for that mod to make sure you really want to update it. Even better, wait a bit to see whether any issues arise with your particular version before updating. Also, many mods listed as 1.4.4 compatible might also work on any 1.4.x version, but the mod config file only lists the latest version for simplicity (with Kopernicus and planet mods as notable exceptions). this is why checking first is a good thing.

That's what I was afraid of....so basically I need to back read and if I can't find the answer ask every mod thread if it is compatible.

I currently have about 20 mods loaded that are for 1.4.4 even though I have CKAN set to 1.4.3.

Awesome!

Edited by JoE Smash

1 hour ago, JoE Smash said:

That's what I was afraid of....so basically I need to back read and if I can't find the answer ask every mod thread if it is compatible.

no no no no no. Not what I said.

If you read the OP and the update post that the mod usually creates, there should be enough information to let you know whether the upgrade is compatible. But, if you ask whether a 1.4.4 update is compatible with 1.4.3 (or any other 1.4.x previous version), the answer is usually:

• Not sure...try it out and let us know
  • older versions are not supported, but it might work. If it doesn't, you're out of luck
  • etc.

There is no need to post on every mod thread asking for compatibility. That is not the way to win friends and influence people.

G'day everyone, sorry about the noob OT question, but linuxgurugamer, I found your 1.4.+ mod update spread sheet at  https://goo.gl/KxlgIC; (amazing work on all these mods BTW), but I am new to KSP and am trying to do a manual build for (RO,RSS,RSSVE,RP-0) which looks like its best done on 1.3.1, and was wondering if you still have a copy of your 1.3.1 compatible mods spread sheet? So that   " if I can't find the answer ask every mod thread if it is compatible"   :)

3 hours ago, Nebulawolf said:

G'day everyone, sorry about the noob OT question, but linuxgurugamer, I found your 1.4.+ mod update spread sheet at  https://goo.gl/KxlgIC; (amazing work on all these mods BTW), but I am new to KSP and am trying to do a manual build for (RO,RSS,RSSVE,RP-0) which looks like its best done on 1.3.1, and was wondering if you still have a copy of your 1.3.1 compatible mods spread sheet? So that   " if I can't find the answer ask every mod thread if it is compatible"   :)

All the mods there (except the ones I adopted since 1.4 came out) have 1.3.1 compatible versions, either use CKAN (preferred) or go to SpaceDock and look at the past versions

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

All the mods there (except the ones I adopted since 1.4 came out) have 1.3.1 compatible versions, either use CKAN (preferred) or go to SpaceDock and look at the past versions

G'day linuxgurugamer, many thnx for the quick reply. :), I've been doing the latter already, as I saw a vid and a post that said that CKAN doesn't always "get it right"; hence the manual build. ( which btw is really, really, really grindy, [looking up each mod, mod page and previous versions, then incramental testing of the build to see if everything plays well together]). 

How well does this CKAN really work master linuxgurugamer?

2 hours ago, Nebulawolf said:

G'day linuxgurugamer, many thnx for the quick reply. :), I've been doing the latter already, as I saw a vid and a post that said that CKAN doesn't always "get it right"; hence the manual build. ( which btw is really, really, really grindy, [looking up each mod, mod page and previous versions, then incramental testing of the build to see if everything plays well together]). 

How well does this CKAN really work master linuxgurugamer?

My 250 mod install is almost entirely done via CKAN

Only quirk is that rather than switching installs, I open new copies of CKAN for them

7 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

My 250 mod install is almost entirely done via CKAN

Only quirk is that rather than switching installs, I open new copies of CKAN for them

G'day Master linuxgurugamer, many thnx again, in the time since my last post I have viewed many posts and vids for CKAN and am now almost completely finished with said RO-RSS-RSSVE-RP-0 build, except for TRR Kerbal textures, and maybe milky way skybox, and maybe...............................  

Have noticed that my ten core-twin titan GTX-with 64Gb Ram  is starting to feeeeeeel the weight of the mods and is not quite running at its usual blinding pace. Might be time for a new build :D

Again many thnx and

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hello, here is something familiar: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sdzcbltobydaoj/saves for LoadingScreenManager.1.output_log.rar?dl=0

Inside there is this:

Spoiler

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KWSidetank/KW2Sidetank/KW2Sidetank'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleTankManager'

In fact there is some of that, with the part name changing for each one.

As an effort to clean up the log a bit, would you take at look at this for me please.

Or maybe it is worth taking a look at for other reasons.

There is a bit of this too:

Spoiler

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/KW2mtankL1/KW2mtankL1B'

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

PartLoader Warning: Variable LF not found in Part

PartLoader Warning: Variable OX not found in Part

PartLoader Warning: Variable massOffset not found in Part

PartLoader Warning: Variable costOffset not found in Part

19 hours ago, Apaseall said:

Hello, here is something familiar: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5sdzcbltobydaoj/saves for LoadingScreenManager.1.output_log.rar?dl=0

Inside there is this:

Reveal hidden contents

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KWSidetank/KW2Sidetank/KW2Sidetank'

Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'ModuleTankManager'

In fact there is some of that, with the part name changing for each one.

As an effort to clean up the log a bit, would you take at look at this for me please.

Or maybe it is worth taking a look at for other reasons.

There is a bit of this too:

Reveal hidden contents

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'KWRocketry/Parts/Fuel/KW_Universal_Tanks/KW2mtankL1/KW2mtankL1B'

PartLoader Warning: Variable LF not found in Part

PartLoader Warning: Variable OX not found in Part

PartLoader Warning: Variable massOffset not found in Part

PartLoader Warning: Variable costOffset not found in Part

Sounds like you have some patches there which aren't working properly.  These lines:  PartLoader Warning: Variable LF not found in Part

have nothing to do with KW.  

28 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Sounds like you have some patches there which aren't working properly.  These lines:  PartLoader Warning: Variable LF not found in Part

have nothing to do with KW.  

Many thanks for the reply. Yes I think 1.4.5 is not the most smoothly running install I have used. There may be a few mods that are not quite up to date. This is unlikely to be by lack of effort from myself to insure I have the latest installed. Rather that I am waiting for mod authors to catch up with KSP version updates.
Tell you a funny story, I seem to be able to make OPT spaceplanes. But if I use say MK2 parts or maybe its when I try to slap a prop engine on, I get CTD's. You can see in the log I posted that at the end I CTD'd. Weird thing is, there seems to be little in the way of hints as to the cause. Or at least nothing that strikes me between the eyes.

12 minutes ago, Apaseall said:

Many thanks for the reply. Yes I think 1.4.5 is not the most smoothly running install I have used. There may be a few mods that are not quite up to date. This is unlikely to be by lack of effort from myself to insure I have the latest installed. Rather that I am waiting for mod authors to catch up with KSP version updates.
Tell you a funny story, I seem to be able to make OPT spaceplanes. But if I use say MK2 parts or maybe its when I try to slap a prop engine on, I get CTD's. You can see in the log I posted that at the end I CTD'd. Weird thing is, there seems to be little in the way of hints as to the cause. Or at least nothing that strikes me between the eyes.

Did you do this as an upgrade, or as a new install?

I personally don't do the upgrade, I just create a new install and install the mods I want.  I use CKAN, so that makes  it easier, I can install 250 mods in little more than the time it takes to download them, with just a few clicks.

and I've never had the issues you seem to be seeing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.