[1.8.x, 1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] KW Rocketry Rebalanced

linuxgurugamer

29 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just one thing, you totally removed the KW from the title.  I'm going to make a second one and just add KW-R to the beginning of all the titles, for those people who just the generic sorting to keep the parts together

I can take care of that second one with KW-R if you want. You did ask for it...I just got over-zealous with my truncating. If you haven't done it yet, I'll crank it out really quick.

Just let me know. I could do it right now

2 minutes ago, Tyko said:

I can take care of that second one with KW-R if you want. You did ask for it...I just got over-zealous with my truncating. If you haven't done it yet, I'll crank it out really quick.

Just let me know. I could do it right now

Oh, that's all done, takes me about a minute to do a global search & replace.

Np, I like them both.

I'm already testing them both

Edited by linuxgurugamer

New release, 3.2.5:

• Renamed Pancake tanks to eliminate duplicate part titles, and to make them more consistent with the other parts
  • Thanks to @Tyko for the following:
    • Added patches (via Patchmanager) to rename parts
      • one removes the "KW Rocketry" entirely from the part name
      • Second replaces that with "KW-R"
    • Added 1.875 decouplers

Hi linuxgurugamer,

first of all, thank you for this excellent mod, really...

now, I have a silly doubt..is this kw rocketry version compatible with real plume stock ?

because, in the first page of real plume stock, i only see "KW Rocketry", now this is the "rebalanced" version,so

is this compatible or I will only see the stock effect and not the real plume one?

Sorry for the bad english btw,

Cheers and thank you again for this mod ; )

3 hours ago, Boomer said:

Hi linuxgurugamer,

first of all, thank you for this excellent mod, really...

now, I have a silly doubt..is this kw rocketry version compatible with real plume stock ?

because, in the first page of real plume stock, i only see "KW Rocketry", now this is the "rebalanced" version,so

is this compatible or I will only see the stock effect and not the real plume one?

Sorry for the bad english btw,

Cheers and thank you again for this mod ; )

Yes, it is.  The rebalancing was only to tank masses and volumes

2 hours ago, Krzemien said:

Hello, I think that I discovered bug with Dark Multiplayer mod. After creating DMPModControl.txt there are some missing parts. For now I only discovered 2 parts: KW2mengineSPSB and KW2mtankL1B.

Sorry, I don't support DMP.  If you do find the problem, and have a fix, I'll be happy to add it, but I've never installed DMP and am not about to.

It's funny, I'm just coming back to KSP and starting to build my 1.3 install since my 1.2 version is getting buggy. I thought to myself that I'd skip kw this time. 

I've used it every other time I've played (except, back when I started, I used NovaPunch), but I always felt I needed to use it almost exclusively in my rocket building because of the very efficient early tanks. Nothing else could really compare. I wanted to force myself to use more of a variety of rocket parts.

So, this time, I thought I'd go without it. Only to find, as I scanned through my ckan, that there was a new rebalanced version! :) 

I'm very happy to see this, as I do love many of the kw parts.

14 hours ago, maculator said:

Always nice to see that this mod refuses to die! I love it.

Since this is the newest and rebalanced version, why not just apply to module manager patches directly into the configs and ditch the depndency for mm?

Which patches are you referring to?

On 2/9/2018 at 9:16 AM, maculator said:

I'm refering to the "community fixes". Throttle response of course is a case best solved with MM, but those fixes could be merged for good, at least thats what I'm thinking.

Well, lets see:

KWPatch-Community-Parts.cfg only adds two parts based on existing parts.  No need to duplicate entire files when a simple patch will do

SRB Fix. is a text file, not processed unless renamed

InterstageFix.cfg is a possibility.

And of course, the patches for mods can’t be merged.

My time is not unlimited.  I see no reason to spend time merging a single patch file which is working perfectly.  Back whe I did the redux, I merged over a dozen patch files which were at times  contradictory  and redundent.  It made sense bakc the  to do it, but doesn’t make sense for this.

I would welcome a PR, but need to review to be sure it would be good.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hello, I've recently wanted to start playing KSP again with all my favorite mods but many of them are only hosted on spacedock. This a is a problem because for me the website has been down for over a week now leaving me unable to install them. Is there any way you could upload the mod to another website so that I may download it? Thanks. Also if any users here wouldn't mind doing the same I would be eternally grateful :) !

On 2/19/2018 at 5:48 PM, viperwolf said:

Maybe a dumb or over looked question, but do I need to use the petal for shrouding engines? I noticed that the engines do not create their own shroud now. Thanks for the update BTW

Its not on all engines it seems, but most of them.

• 3 weeks later...