[1.8.x, 1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x] KW Rocketry Rebalanced

linuxgurugamer

On 9/4/2020 at 7:59 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Making History have more up-to-date parts, KW has some others.  Why not both?

I'm trying to use as little part mods as possible. I don't have an SSD and my load times are already something like 25-30 minutes. I also recently had to uninstall scatterer to keep my frame rates up,  and I use life support mods so sometimes spacecraft can get rather large. I don't want to lose my duna sandstorms either. If I can get super heavy and maybe ultra heavy lifters going with as minimal parts as possible, that would be good.

Edited by RP1IsSuperior

• 1 month later...
On 9/6/2020 at 1:16 PM, RP1IsSuperior said:

I'm trying to use as little part mods as possible. I don't have an SSD and my load times are already something like 25-30 minutes. I also recently had to uninstall scatterer to keep my frame rates up,  and I use life support mods so sometimes spacecraft can get rather large. I don't want to lose my duna sandstorms either. If I can get super heavy and maybe ultra heavy lifters going with as minimal parts as possible, that would be good.

If you aren't too concerned about the placement in the tech tree, I'd say stay with stock, the models and textures are much more modern than KW

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, dresoccer4 said:

quick q: does this work with latest KSP version? thanks!

Short answer is yes.

In general, most parts-only mods will work, you should learn to install and test it yourself before asking for help.  You will learn something and become a better player

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Short answer is yes.

In general, most parts-only mods will work, you should learn to install and test it yourself before asking for help.  You will learn something and become a better player

i know how to install and run mods. the issue with large parts packs is there's no way I know of to know for sure if all of the parts are appearing correctly in the tech tree and/or working as intended. thus why reaching out to the community because there's a wellspring of knowledge out there and collaboration is the basis of civilization ;)

• 1 month later...

EDIT2: updated modulemanager, updated toolbar controller and made sure all zerominiAVC was installed and only one dll was there and it fixed the issue (?) posting it here to hopefully help others with the same issue.

sorry to add onto the ever increasing lanes of stupidity but i'm getting a issue where everytime i put boosters onto couplers they wibble like jello then just fall off like there's no connection...

BUT the game focuses the camera between them and the main ship like their still attached somehow.

dunno if anyone else has gotten this bug. and i don't know if it's caused by a different mod

if you need anything from my side let me know i'd like to get to the bottom of this. i'll be running a few tests to make sure i'm not doing anything dumb.

p.s. i have kerbal join re-enforcment continued installed but that does nothing.

EDIT: yep for some reason the SRBS are like jello on their connections but everything else like fuel tanks and engines alone are fine. dunno what's going on.

Edited by AntiMatter001

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, SilverlightPony said:

Not by myself.  This is an old mod. The textures are dated 

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not by myself.  This is an old mod. The textures are dated 

Fair.  Hope someone else works up suitable Waterfall configs then; I've been wishing for mesh-based plumes pretty much since I started playing KSP, and I really like KWR parts (old textures be damned).

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I love this mod not just for the parts, but for the graduated power response to engines. I like it so much I have an MM patch (don't know if I created this one or if this was one someone posted to the MM patch example thread) that adds graduated power response acceleration/deceleration to all engines (except for solid rockets). However, I've been working on a formula to set the acceleration/deceleration speed based on mass, but I can't seem to figure out what (if any) formula was applied to the KW engines to work off of for the formula I'm working on. Does anyone have a decent idea as to how we could use engine response time based off the engine properties? I thought of using mass as well as max thrust, but I figured I'd ask if the default graduated response config values for the KW engines was based off a formula and if not what the thought process was for each engine?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, shoe7ess said:

I love this mod not just for the parts, but for the graduated power response to engines. I like it so much I have an MM patch (don't know if I created this one or if this was one someone posted to the MM patch example thread) that adds graduated power response acceleration/deceleration to all engines (except for solid rockets). However, I've been working on a formula to set the acceleration/deceleration speed based on mass, but I can't seem to figure out what (if any) formula was applied to the KW engines to work off of for the formula I'm working on. Does anyone have a decent idea as to how we could use engine response time based off the engine properties? I thought of using mass as well as max thrust, but I figured I'd ask if the default graduated response config values for the KW engines was based off a formula and if not what the thought process was for each engine?

Thanks!

Looks like this post has it, and explains the methodology. Ctrl-F for "Spool" to find it.

• 2 months later...
On 5/27/2022 at 7:20 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

If you are referring to CKAN, that will get updated soon during the next release

I'm excited for it to be updated on CKAN, I struggle with learning difficulties and CKAN makes modding accessible
Thankyou for all your hard work and support to the modding community

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, NaviG said:

Any chance to get a watefall effect for these rockets? Thank you!

Waterfall has an in game plume editor, and a fairly comprehensive wiki that explains how to add waterfall plumes to an engine, with lots of example plume presets for different fuel types already created that you would just need to 'fit' to the engine.  If you're interested in adding Waterfall plumes to KW Rocketry I bet you could probably add them yourself faster than you can get a guy who's already maintaining a half a billion mods to do it for you :)

19 hours ago, DeliriumTrigger said:

Waterfall has an in game plume editor, and a fairly comprehensive wiki that explains how to add waterfall plumes to an engine, with lots of example plume presets for different fuel types already created that you would just need to 'fit' to the engine.  If you're interested in adding Waterfall plumes to KW Rocketry I bet you could probably add them yourself faster than you can get a guy who's already maintaining a half a billion mods to do it for you :)

Yeah, thanks for the suggestion. I will try by myself (i already opened the waterfallfx to modify some engines but i didn't add the waterfallfx module to these engines, so i couldn't edit them) and if i do something that looks good, i will share for sure. 

I have tried to create a profile without success, I have also tried to use a waterfall profile, for example those that belong to the stock SRBs, but I am unable to make it appear correctly in the game, the stock plume still appears. I get the feeling that Wiki  from Waterfall is a bit complex to understand, especially if you don't have much prior knowledge. I think it would be better if they put some functional example. the only example there is, when added to the cfg of the kwrocketry parts, it does nothing. I think I'm not good at this.

It is also complicated, since I would like to know what would be the most optimal method to be able to share the designs without modifying the original cfgs of the module, I suppose there will be documentation somewhere but either I am not able to find it, or I am not able to reproduce the Steps
Edited by NaviG

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.