KSP Weekly: The Eclipse

SQUAD

3 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Its a liitle roomy

real vostok: | | | | |

vvvvv

Vostok_interior_4.JPG

Literally the only thing I can think of when looking at that is "Dang. Look how chunky those rails are. I bet his seat wobbled and rattled like crazy."

You'd think an ejection seat would have complex connection and launch systems with sockets and all sorts. Not in Russia.

"SLIDE SEAT IN. ROCKET PUSH SEAT OUT. SIMPLE AS NUCLEAR REACTOR, NYET?"

Maybe its just me...

Edited by p1t1o

11 hours ago, DeltaDizzy said:

Its a liitle roomy

real vostok: | | | | |

vvvvv

Vostok_interior_4.JPG

I saw a display at the London Science Museum last year - these Soviet era pods are sooooo very cramped. Its totally claustrophobic. Most people don't realise this.

Also included was the soviet 1 man moon lander - so cool to see it up close.

Is there going to be a certain point where Squad just admits the console version will never come out and refunds us some money? I mean, heck, there are some of us that have had a broken game sitting on our harddrive for over a year.  Perhaps I should charge for taking up space?

2 hours ago, Swacer said:

Is there going to be a certain point where Squad just admits the console version will never come out and refunds us some money? I mean, heck, there are some of us that have had a broken game sitting on our harddrive for over a year.  Perhaps I should charge for taking up space?

Just be glad they're actually trying to fix it.  I think we've all bought that one game during a Steam Sale that inevitably doesn't work on Windows 10, if it ever worked at all.

14 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

Just be glad they're actually trying to fix it.  I think we've all bought that one game during a Steam Sale that inevitably doesn't work on Windows 10, if it ever worked at all.

"Trying to fix" is the huge key phrase here.  I'm really doubting they have any idea how to make this work at this point....  I feel its the blind leading the blind.

Talking of eclipses, they appear to be either fully on or fully off from a point of view of solar panels which I've only really just noticed.  I had a case recently where I was interplanetary, in full view of a fully lit Kerbol, and electricity harvesting was at 0.  It was only when I went to map view and the right click menu I discovered that Laythe was the offending body.  There were no visual clues of an eclipse, and from a point of view of where I was, no way that Laythe would have provided full occlusion.

Probably been discussed at length, but is it possible (or even worth it) to simulate the light curves a little more realistically in these, and perhaps other situations in the [Stock] KSP world?

SM

Edited by Speeding Mullet
added [stock]. I know there's mods for everything ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.