Major "CKAN mod list" for ver 1.3

Alakeram

Hey guys fairly new here, not sure if there was a place to post mod "Lists", but I figured i would share mine with everyone!

I Claim no rights on any of the mods, they are all per the authors, this is not combining mods into one mod it just a quick way to download multiple mods at once

the list which can be downloaded / seen here: https://kerbalx.com/mod_packs/504

All the current mods that are in the list will be shown at the mod pack website, if you think I should add images or the actual list let me know and I'll add it

Also if you have any mod suggestions that I should add please let me know! the current mod pack that i have is focused around exploration and planetary base building

Below I included some images to help new people with installing the mod "list" (it requires you to have CKAN installed)

Thanks for looking hope you enjoy!

install1.pnginstall2.pnginstall3.png

Edited by Alakeram
reworded to a "list" enhanced and highlighted that's this is not a compilation of mods as per mr. snark said xD

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

[EDIT:  My earlier message here turns out to be wrong after all.  Wrong content moved to spoiler.]

Spoiler

We're sorry, but we had to snip the download link from your post.  You're welcome to post your creations, but please comply with the add-on posting rules, described here:

The particular rule that you need to comply with involves licensing; see the sections "Licenses" and "Mandatory content".

Here's what you're missing:

• You need to list the license, author, version, and link-to-the-original of every single mod that your mod pack contains.
  • This list needs to be present in all of the following places (you currently have it in none of these):
    • your forum post (i.e. your OP, above)
    • the listing of your download page (i.e. on the third-party site where your add on is downloaded from)
    • As a readme or licenses text inside the downloadable package.
  • You also need to go through the list of all the mods you're including, and make sure that every single one of them has a license that permits redistribution (most mods do, but not all of them).

Please ensure you've taken care of all of the above before you post any download link to your mod pack.

We're sorry for the inconvenience.  Yes, this will be a chunk of work for you.  We know it's a hassle, but licenses and such are an unavoidable fact of life.

Thank you for your understanding.

Basically, my initial moderator-reaction was "Oh noes, someone's posting a modpack without doing the laborious work necessary to surface all the licenses!"  Which would require snipping the link until the problem is fixed.  However, as @TheKurgan helpfully points out below, this is actually just a CKAN file, that's literally just a list of pointers to downloadable CKAN mods.  There's no mod actually included here, therefore no licensing issues.  Sorry for the noise, my bad!

@Snark I'm confused... this doesn't seem to be an actual "mod pack" but rather a .ckan file... a list of mods basically.

I'm not 100% familiar with CKAN, but this seems way to tiny to be a mod pack.

Are .ckan files treated the same as an actual mod pack? If so, then my apologies. 

Edited by TheKurgan

22 minutes ago, TheKurgan said:

@Snark I'm confused... this doesn't seem to be an actual "mod pack" but rather a .ckan file... a list of mods basically.

Yep, you're absolutely right.  Thank you for calling this to my attention, I've fixed my post above and restored the download link.

A CKAN file doesn't include any actual mods at all-- it's literally just a list of mods by CKAN identifiers.  Therefore no licensing issues here.

One thing I might suggest to @Alakeram:  perhaps you might want to consider re-titling your thread from "mod pack" to "CKAN mod list" or something similar, to avoid confusion like this in the future?  The term "mod pack" usually means "I took a whole bunch of mods and zipped them together for one big download", which does have licensing issues.  When people (such as myself) see something labeled as "mod pack", it sets off their alarm bells if it doesn't have  a long list of licenses and such.  Re-titling your thread would probably help avoid future confusion such as what I stumbled into, above.

Just a friendly suggestion, which you're free to take or ignore as you like-- not telling you, just offering advice.  :wink:   And my apologies for the confusion above.

lol I read all this when I woke up and had to re-read everything 2 times I was all "but i just stated this isn't a compilation of mods... lol" and @Foxster I did say what the "modlist" i guess i should say xD is based around new world exploration and planetary base building (even though I said just exploration, but if you look at the mod list I have New Horizons added) 

most of the other mods added are for eye candy and what I feel like are required mods for the exploration of ALL the planets in this solar system and a few difficulty mods (like life support stuff etc)

mostly this mod is for my own personal play thru but I thought I would share it in case someone else wanted something similar :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.