Reaction Wheel mode and torque toggle.

My Mk1 Command Pod has 'Reaction Wheels' mode options "Normal", "SAS only" and "Pilot only". In addition to this I have a 'Toggle Torque' option that can set "Reaction Wheels: Disabled".

Why don't I just have modes "Normal", "SAS only", "Pilot only" and "Off"? Do you ever use any other 'mode combination' than those four?

The two-way split presumably makes for less cycling whenever you want to cut the charge consumption of a reaction wheel, such as when entering atmo on a glider with limited solar panels. I haven't run into a situation where this is crucial, but since the context menu is not overly wordy I'd prefer for the settings to stay separate.

7 hours ago, SchweinAero said:

The two-way split presumably makes for less cycling whenever you want to cut the charge consumption of a reaction wheel, such as when entering atmo on a glider with limited solar panels. I haven't run into a situation where this is crucial, but since the context menu is not overly wordy I'd prefer for the settings to stay separate.

@ZooNamedGames, well, I stand corrected, I guess there are users who would find the RAT useful.  Of course, the argument of a glider with a RAT comes up.  (Let's minimize derailing this thread though, this was meant as a one off comment). 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.