a mod for enchancing the eclipses?

nascarlaser1

Since today is the day of the great eclipse, I was wondering if there were some mods that can enhance them.

In KSP eclipses are very common due to how the planets are positioned. Is there a mod that either:

A. Changes the planets just enough that they become slightly rarer, without changing any deltaV values or

B. Just makes it so that the game gets darker so that I notice them more then when I just casually looks up.

Also, I was wondering if its possible to find either a mod, or just a document online that has the exact dates for some of the eclipses in ksp. Since the planets never change regardless of how many times you restart a save, I think this would be easy to make.

Thanks!

On 8/21/2017 at 0:15 PM, nascarlaser1 said:

Changes the planets just enough that they become slightly rarer, without changing any deltaV values

you can use Hyperedit or Kopernicus to change body orbits. You're not going to make them rarer without affecting Dv however, as you will need to give Mun either an eccentricity tweak or inclination tweak or both, which will slightly-greatly alter Dv values depending on what you do

Also, having seen the eclipse totality myself the biggest improvement would be to change the sun from a point light so its glare wouldn't be lost after mun covers half its surface. I knew the sun would still be bright but I did not realize how you can look up at it with sunglasses for a split second (I had eclipse glasses I just looked quick to check) like a minute before totality and not even really know it's greater than 99% eclipsed. Changing the sun light source would be a very base-level game graphics change and I don't even know if Unity would support a more realistic light source or if the game could handle it without a large graphics overhaul

Edited by Drew Kerman

4 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

if Unity would support a more realistic light source or if the game could handle it without a large graphics overhaul

Unity supports area lights, like the light emitted from a television set or monitor. Area lights might be the best way to set up the Sun for the eclipse effects mentioned. KSP unfortunately does not support area lights however.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.