Kerbal Space Factory

donoya

I've been looking for a mod like this and haven't found one, so I thought I should put in a request here. The mod I'm picturing would allow players to build complex factories to produce resources which can be recovered in a tank or something for money. There would be conveyor belts (glorified versions of the stock fuel transfer pipes) to take the resources from one machine to another, as well as complex resource gathering equipment like an oil pump and lots of machines for processing the various resources, too (It's basically a Factorio mod in KSP). So that's the idea. If anyone wants to make this, that'd be great.

49 minutes ago, donoya said:

I've been looking for a mod like this and haven't found one, so I thought I should put in a request here. The mod I'm picturing would allow players to build complex factories to produce resources which can be recovered in a tank or something for money. There would be conveyor belts (glorified versions of the stock fuel transfer pipes) to take the resources from one machine to another, as well as complex resource gathering equipment like an oil pump and lots of machines for processing the various resources, too (It's basically a Factorio mod in KSP). So that's the idea. If anyone wants to make this, that'd be great.

have you checked out Modular kolonization systems? it adds manufacturing, advanced mining, and the ability to transfer resources. Its a very sophisticated mod many people find to difficult to enjoy. It sounds like what you are looking for.

Edited by harrisjosh2711

10 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

have you checked out Modular kolonization systems? it adds manufacturing, advanced mining, and the ability to transfer resources. Its a very sophisticated mod many people find to difficult to enjoy. It sounds like what you are looking for.

I've played with MKS before and while it's the closest I've found, it focuses more on colonization than complex production chains. The mod I'm envisioning would have like 10 to 20 steps to making the raw resources into an end product.

15 hours ago, Kerbal pancake said:

Could be achieved with usi+MKS+extraplanatary launchpads?

On 8/22/2017 at 10:40 AM, donoya said:

I've played with MKS before and while it's the closest I've found, it focuses more on colonization than complex production chains. The mod I'm envisioning would have like 10 to 20 steps to making the raw resources into an end product.

This still holds true with the other USI mods as well as extraplanetary launchpads.

24 minutes ago, MeCripp said:

You don't need MKS or USI just make your own list of stuff to make would  work as long as you know how to edit a cfg not that hard just takes time

I highly doubt assembling machines, furnaces, and chemical plants of different tiers each with different manufacturing capabilities could be made with .cfg files. Again, I've looked. No mods that I've found add this. Hence, I'm requesting a mod to be MADE, not found. I myself can't manage it since there's so much that's required for me to mod KSP.

1 hour ago, donoya said:

I highly doubt assembling machines, furnaces, and chemical plants of different tiers each with different manufacturing capabilities could be made with .cfg files. Again, I've looked. No mods that I've found add this. Hence, I'm requesting a mod to be MADE, not found. I myself can't manage it since there's so much that's required for me to mod KSP.

1 hour ago, donoya said:

I myself can't manage it since there's so much that's required for me to mod KSP.

There are a lot of parts from a lot of mods you could use but the last quote is kind of funny, But you want some one to do all this for you with you not even going to  trying ? You can make any part do pretty much what ever you want.

EDIT- LOL Good luck

Edited by Mecripp2

4 hours ago, MeCripp said:

There are a lot of parts from a lot of mods you could use but the last quote is kind of funny, But you want some one to do all this for you with you not even going to  trying ? You can make any part do pretty much what ever you want.

EDIT- LOL Good luck

I've looked into what's required to mod KSP. I know how to program in C#. I just lack the knowledge or skill for... pretty much everything else. I know nothing about bump maps or sound creation and am unskilled with things like texture design and 3D modeling. So I'm pretty sure someone who knows this stuff could make this mod a lot easier than I ever could.

I learned everything I know from that tutorial. ^

Also, you could use Kerbal Konstructs to actually have building on the surface - maybe a bit of .cfg editing, and you can make them produce an amount of ore each day. Then make it so that that ships of different sizes require more ore to make (KCT-esque).

14 hours ago, donoya said:

I've looked into what's required to mod KSP. I know how to program in C#. I just lack the knowledge or skill for... pretty much everything else. I know nothing about bump maps or sound creation and am unskilled with things like texture design and 3D modeling. So I'm pretty sure someone who knows this stuff could make this mod a lot easier than I ever could.

Can you please first make a plugin to achieve that functionality, as I may consider making the models and textures for your mod. PM me the plugin once it is done and I will try making a part using it (a conveyer belt).

Thanks, Bottle Rocketeer

26 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

Can you please first make a plugin to achieve that functionality, as I may consider making the models and textures for your mod. PM me the plugin once it is done and I will try making a part using it (a conveyer belt).

Thanks, Bottle Rocketeer

He don't need a plugin from what it sounds like you could use stock module's to do it 

45 minutes ago, Bottle Rocketeer 500 said:

Can you please list the stock modules that would be needed for the parts?

ModuleResourceConverter or ModuleGenerator  and ModuleResourceHarvester and CModuleFuelLine or KAS pipe and write a Resources cfg for all your new found stuff

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.