Duplicate buttons on app launcher

The stock app launcher in my game has duplicate buttons for the contracts, and KSPedia. The extra contract button does nothing, but the extra KSPedia button works as expected. These buttons show up in all scenes. I have a pretty heavily modded install, but the issue did not start(or at least was not noticed) until after a power outage caused my computer to restart just I was attempting to do a simulated launch with KRASH.

my log file is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvj696qjayba9fb/output_log.txt?dl=0

• 10 months later...
On 8/22/2017 at 11:22 PM, Nachocuban said:

my log file is

A mess.

Hi notable in your log,  I'm guessing from the mess it's a ckan install,  is a serious error with RCS build aid, not loading properly EVE is producing some nasty errors a lot more than the usual little things .   Innumerable copies of miniAVC ( that's way too many btw) 1 is enough  and so many different versions too. . 

There's only one way to sort this out,  create a fresh install and gradually add in the mods in groups.   You have a lot of mods that could be interacting in unusual ways, you have mods that i'm sure are not updated  for your game and the error mentioned, . I suspect that if your PC shutdown while the game was in a saving state, for what ever reason, then the save is likely to be corrupted and no worth playing any longer .

275863 lines of which over 15000 lines are errors . There should be none, zero

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

20 hours ago, IMLL1 said:

I'm getting this same thing! I have done a clean install, and removed each mod individually, but it still persists! It seems that this still hasn't been solved.

Rather than remove mods, it would be better to create a new install and add them one at a time.

and of course, a log file is useful.  See my sig for a link about that

22 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Rather than remove mods, it would be better to create a new install and add them one at a time.

I think I found the problem. I don't remember which, but it turns out it was a mod. I will let everyone know (so people with the same problem can fix it) as soon as I remember.

22 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

nvm, didn't fix it. Providing log files in separate comment.

• 2 months later...

@Nachocuban I have solved the problem! First off, I am using a Mac, so this may only be the cause on MacOS. I have found that whenever I Command+Tab (same as alt+tab on a PC) out of KSP after having hit the launch button, but before it has completely loaded, that when I switch back into KSP, I am back at the space center with another KPPedia, missions, and contracts icon. MechJeb provides a small popup window in the editor. I have discovered that when I hit launch, and get a black loading screen, I must wait until that popup goes away, and only then is it safe to tab out of KSP.

Hope this helps!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.