What type of configuration for my mouse ?

Hi everyone !

Following my last post (https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/164409-a-new-type-of-mouse/), I gathered all the information I wanted in order to prepare my gaming mouse project. I want to thank you all for your answers, there were so many !
This time, I'll try to answer to all of you, promise :D

Now, I only need one thing to perfect my presentation : the configurations of the mouse for KSP. So I ask for your help again !

Here is the list of the buttons and X, Y, Z axis :

-        Left and right clics

-        2 side buttons

-        Joystick button (you press the joy)

-        Analog joystick 360° : config on 4 directions

-        Analog tilt 360° : config on 4 directions

-        Translation up, down, left, right

-        Scroll wheel up, down

-        Scroll wheel button

-        Lexip button (under the scroll wheel)

-        Scroll wheel sensitivity

-        Mouse sensitivity

-        DPI (01 to 5040)

You can set up all these buttons with the Control Panel. You can do what you want (keyboard keys, shortcuts, macros…).

How would you configure the mouse ?

Thanks again !

Edited by Poskie

Hi, given that you've had no answers to your post for a week, I'm going to go with my original thought. You're asking a question that can't be answered, why? well nobody can try it out and see what works for what, you may as well have asked what are the mods I should get, as that too is open to each individuals opinion and preference, and something that in my experience develops over time.

Some of the features intrigue me but without some method of actually trying the thing, there's no way I'll ever know if it's actually better than the bog standard mouse and keyboard.   A manner of control which has been completely satisfactory for controlling my KSP since 2012. Admittedly it's not perfect,  and view/camera movement in some circumstances is less than optimal, but of course as it's KSP there's a mod for that.   

SO good luck with your project, it looks very much like you're going to have to work it out for yourself, and prove  that your device is indeed a fantastic tool to play KSP (eagerly awaiting test device :)  )

Cheers

Hi, thanks for your answer !

I understand, each person would use it differently, I see.
I'll present my project to my boss friday (I have an appointment).
Maybe I would come back if the project is accepted ?
I'll keep you in touch ?

Thank you again :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.