I have a friend

MR L A

That's right, friend. Incredible, I know! But the reason this fact concerns you wonderful users on the KSP forums is not because someone with a few thousand hours on this game alone is managing to maintain some semblance of a social life. No, it's because this friend has expressed some interest in KSP. I've done some cursory explaining of the physics of the game and the building block style of construction. However, I feel that a video might (read definitely) do more justice than any verbal description I can give :) So, I was wondering what THE best video of the world of KSP is... I'm looking for something that shows off the myriad of construction possibilities, from rockets and SSTOs to those than insist on truck driving, ship building and diving to the depths in Bathyspheres. I'm looking for something that shows off the glorious multi-hundred part, over-engineered monstrosities that cripple computers to something that shows off the beauty in simplicity, the thrill of just barely completing that mission with adequate dV. Perhaps most importantly, it needs to be entertaining - on a personal note, I remember some videos by Robbaz really made me LOL in my KSP early days (perhaps before purchase) as well as the oft mentioned Scott Manley, who influenced my decision to buy the game. I think what KSP needs, with required permissions ofc (cough fair use cough), is a brief-ish, highly entertaining super-cut of many youtuber's exploits in the world of KSP, if there isn't one already (linky please). I would endeavour to make such a video myself, but, unfortunately I have none of the required the skills, time, patience or editing software =/ So, my fellow KSPers, hit me with those links or if someone feels up to it, make the compilation they think would be an ideal glimpse into KSP

Thank you and goodnight!  

I don't claim to be an expert on KSP videos, but I ran into a pretty good one the other day with an alternate (and very cool) recording of the KSP theme. It's a little out of date (2013) so it misses out on a lot of stuff that's been added since 1.0, but I'd say it still makes a pretty good trailer for the game today.

I doubt you'll find any single video that will cover all the aspects that you mentioned in your post.  Your best bet is to search for individual videos that focus on one thing at a time.  There are literally thousands to choose from, but a decent start might be to check out Scott Manley's channel.  Some of his videos are of playthroughs with mods (his Interstellar Quest series is a good example, as it uses the KSPI mod to add things like antimatter and warp drives - I think), so make sure you make a distinction with your friend about which videos contain mods and which are stock.

Frankly, the best way is to just have him come over and watch YOU play.  Maybe have a pair of installs - one stock, one modded - so he can see the base game, and then the opening up of possibilities with mods.

You're not going to find a single video which shows off everything that's possible in the game. But when considering videos to show off some of what's possible and to get people interested in the game, this one always comes to mind. I know it's an ancient video for a prehistoric version of the game, but it's still excellent and I've rewatched it when looking for inspiration quite a few times. It was one of the earliest KSP videos I saw, and probably the earliest one I saw that I still remember, and I think it's great for showcasing some of what can be done in KSP without needing people to have too much of a detailed interest in how it's all working yet (the sort of interest that comes from having played the game itself for a while).

11 hours ago, Just Jim said:

For me, there has always been only one "Definitive" KSP video.
This is the one I show everyone and anyone I'm trying to describe the game to.

Build, Fly, Dream

You know what, I might as well watch this every time I want to play KSP but don't feel like it for some reason.

16 hours ago, Just Jim said:

For me, there has always been only one "Definitive" KSP video.
This is the one I show everyone and anyone I'm trying to describe the game to.

Build, Fly, Dream

What they said.

Edited by klgraham1013

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.