OK, I've a general question about the API of KSP that might help someone in the future. That's why I started a new topic.

How does the "fsm.RunEvent"-thing work? ... so, for example, what's the difference between the function "Decouple" and "fsm.RunEvent(on_preattachedDecouple)" called on a ModuleDockingNode??

And why do I find this "fsm" only in the docking node? Is this the only one using it? Or is this "the latest technology that will go into all nodes in the future"? ... does someone have information about this??

Rudolf

Educated guess here but you might try looking into Finite State Machines (FSM) - I could see a FSM being used on a docking port with states like Docked, Undocking, Undocked, and Docking. the FSM could then be setup to keep the state from transitioning from Undocking back to Docked without first going through the Undocked and Docking states.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.