Why does my jet make these interesting airstream effects? [solved]

TonyH01za

Just now, TonyH01za said:

Huh. Didn't know about that. Thanks

No problem. Check advanced tweakables in the settings, and it should appear on the right click menu.

4 hours ago, TonyH01za said:

I was wondering if anyone could tell me why my jet makes these circular air stream effects when flying. None of the other jets Iv'e made do it. Tried searching the web but cant find pics of other ksp jets doing it. Is it because its so cool! and fast? Or is there something weird about the design? Here's some screenshots.

do5hDK3.jpg

This is the new stock Mach FX (since KSP 1.3). It doesn't always show up when you go supersonic but it happens fairly regularly.

I've seen this before, and I've thought it had to do with fairings, because I've only seen them from re-entry effects on ascent. It only started appearing when I installed the re-entry effects mod. You don't seem to have that mod, so I don't know what it is. Could be a stock issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.