[1.3.1] VesselCategorizer v1.1.1: Choose vessel type in the editor, or automatically based on ship name.

Snark

Just now, Snark said:

It's not so much that I have "vision", as that I am easily annoyed.  :wink:

Same here... but whatever caused you to think of it, and now that 1.4 does it... I consider it as a complement to your... aggravation?

• 4 months later...
23 minutes ago, jlcarneiro said:

Like Antenna Sleep, is this mod still needed?

This mod is no longer needed, as of KSP 1.4.x, since KSP now has its "configure vessel name" feature that does most of what I wanted here.  I ceased updating this mod once 1.4 came out.  For all I know it still "works", but I don't test or maintain it in any way.

Not sure how it's "like AntennaSleep", though.  Unlike this mod (which is now obsolete), AntennaSleep not only still works but is just as necessary as it ever was-- it still fills the same use case.

Just now, Snark said:

Not sure how it's "like AntennaSleep", though.  Unlike this mod (which is now obsolete), AntennaSleep not only still works but is just as necessary as it ever was-- it still fills the same use case.

Sorry, I meant: "the same way I'm unsure about AntennaSleep, I'd like to know about this mod"... 

Anyway, thanks! ;)

• 4 years later...

Update.  I've released v1.1.1 of this mod.  It is literally byte-for-byte identical with v1.1 that I released over five years ago, with the sole change that I've updated the license to MIT (it was previously the fairly restrictive CC-BY-NC-ND).  This means that if anyone ever wants to produce their own version of this mod, or cannibalize it for spare parts, or whatever... go to it, with my blessing.  :)

Literally the only change is the license; I haven't even bothered to check whether it works on any more recent versions of KSP than 1.3.1 (which is when I last touched it), so caveat emptor if anyone does anything with it.

Rationale:

I've permanently abandoned this mod, as noted above-- those rascally KSP devs went and updated the game, shortly after I wrote this, in a way that obviates my reason for having written it in the first place.  :rolleyes:  I haven't actually run this mod myself, since KSP 1.4 came out... and realistically, there's no way I'm ever going to tinker with it ever again, if I'm not actually in the habit of running it.

Since I'm never going to be doing anything with it myself, therefore, I figure I might as well turn it loose into the wild, in case anyone else may find it of use in some way.  Fly, be free!

Thanks to the (according to SpaceDock) roughly 3500 people who have ever given it a try, and for the moral support here in the thread-- I appreciate it!  I hope you've found this mod useful.

There's not really anything further to say here, so I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.  If anyone ever spins up their own version of the mod, they can make their own release thread.