UomoCapra

17 minutes ago, Foxster said:

Can someone say in general terms the impact on mods? They all broken or they OK or is it patchy?

JPL posted there are no modder's notes so far. That in itself is a pretty good indication for no breaks. But pre is for testing such things... I'm sure people will report in in the next few days.

See also:

Edited by swjr-swis
linky added

14 minutes ago, Foxster said:

Can someone say in general terms the impact on mods? They all broken or they OK or is it patchy?

As its a patch release we aimed to not change any code sigs/behaviour that would require mod changes. So it should be relatively OK, but can't guarantee things.

2 hours ago, swjr-swis said:

JPL posted there are no modder's notes so far. That in itself is a pretty good indication for no breaks. But pre is for testing such things... I'm sure people will report in in the next few days.

See also:

Opps I closed it by accident :(

It sounds like there will be some very welcome enhancements for rovers including:

Added ability to tweak endpoints of symmetry struts and fuel lines.

It will make building sky cranes to deliver the rover to the surface easier.

What was that old sixties song?

When the moon is in the Seventh House
And Jupiter aligns with Mars
Then peace will guide the planets
And love will steer the stars
This is the dawning of the age of Asparagus
Age of Asparagus
Asparagus
Asparagus

28 minutes ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Probably still need a recompile, even if you dont need to change any actual code. 

Nope. I'd be surprised if you do. Only if a mod is impacted by the changes, but that should be very minimal. And in most cases a recompile should not be necessary. As was stated over in the mods prerelease sub-forum and above by triggerau. We have tried to avoid changes to code sigs. 

1 hour ago, Benjamin Kerman said:

Probably still need a recompile, even if you dont need to change any actual code. 

From my experience not even that.  Basically all visual mods that i used on 1.3 work fine with no bugs or crashes in 1.3.1, and while i may be biased, it feels like the game is a little bit less laggy too with large ships.  Ill have to check if BDA works too, since thats about the only complicated mod that i use these days (besides occasionally KIS/KAS and the mod that lets me make walking mechs), everything else is super minimalistic quality of life mod, or plain visuals.

KgfVhw2.png

I love how nice this game looks when u cram all the prettyfying mods into it.  This is in 1.3.1 ofc, and that station as well as the corvette nearby is pretty much 1000 parts total...

Edited by panzer1b

8 hours ago, Avera9eJoe said:

+++ Enhancements

* Default setting for NavBall in Mapmode (default is not to autohide).

8bvIWqA.jpg

This has been one of the most annoying things in the game since pretty much the beginning.

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:
  • Added ability to tweak endpoints of symmetry struts and fuel lines.

• Fixed issue with compound parts inside fairings causing launched vessels to explode.

• FIxed the tweakable end of compound parts not getting mirrored when moved.

YEEESSSS!!!! Thank you @SQUAD!

1 hour ago, JPLRepo said:
  • Added action groups for wheel motors and wheel steering

In other words: "Toggleable All-Wheel Drive" :D

On 8/24/2017 at 1:53 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

* Default setting for NavBall in Mapmode (default is not to autohide).
* Default throttle setting to 0%.

After long last, sense and reason fell upon this land and there was great rejoicing.

On 8/24/2017 at 1:53 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

* Added ‘Control from here’ to External Seat.

For a moment, I thought this was referencing loading Kerbals in to External Seats while in the VAB.  Alas, not all reasonable things can be had this day.

• Improvements to symmetry tweaking in the editor scenes.

What exacly does this one change?

Anyway, great release - these small adjustments are a great leap for kerbalkind. Having AG-enabled 'control from here' was so much missing...

Edited by Raphaello

43 minutes ago, Raphaello said:

What exacly does this one change?

Anyway, great release - these small adjustments are a great leap for kerbalkind. Having AG-enabled 'control from here' was so much missing...

This refers to internal code improvements.

On 8/25/2017 at 6:55 AM, Raptor9 said:

In other words: "Toggleable All-Wheel Drive" :D

Steering and motor toggles were available for action group assignment in 1.05. Somehow they got axed when 1.1 and the new wheel system rolled out. I know this because I toured Moho, Eve, Duna, Ike, Dres & Eeloo with cars back then and I was using both toggles to deal with certain situations. The toggles are simply coming back.

Now, there seems to be the same kind of confusion with the drills. Extend/retract drill toggles are back, but surface harvester options are missing from the action groups. I filed a bug report and the squad rep who replied, believes asteroid and surface harvesting modules are one and the same. I don't think this is the case and I've got miners in launch queue.

Edited by Atkara

3 hours ago, Atkara said:

Steering and motor toggles were available for action group assignment in 1.05. Somehow they got axed when 1.1 and the new wheel system rolled out. I know this because I toured Moho, Eve, Duna, Ike, Dres & Eeloo with cars back then and I was using both toggles to deal with certain situations. The toggles are simply coming back.

Hmm...I did not know that. :)

3 hours ago, Atkara said:

Now, there seems to be the same kind of confusion with the drills. Extend/retract drill toggles are back, but surface harvester options are missing from the action groups. I filed a bug report and the squad rep who replied, believes asteroid and surface harvesting modules are one and the same. I don't think this is the case and I've got miners in launch queue.

Yeah, I discovered this last night.  The asteroid and surface harvesting modules are definitely not the same.  I just tried activating the large drills while landed on the Kerbin surface via the action group "Toggle Asteroid Harvester", and it had no effect.

21 minutes ago, Raptor9 said:

Yeah, I discovered this last night.  The asteroid and surface harvesting modules are definitely not the same.  I just tried activating the large drills while landed on the Kerbin surface via the action group "Toggle Asteroid Harvester", and it had no effect.

I tried to explain the situation in the bug report. Hopefully, it will reach the developers in time to see what's going on and we won't end up with botched drill groups -again :P

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 2:53 PM, Avera9eJoe said:

* Added ‘Control from here’ to External Seat.
* Added action group for ‘Control from here’ to ModuleCommand and ModuleDockingNode, External Seat and Grapple.

THANK YOU SQUAD! This is just what we needed.

On 08/26/2017 at 1:32 AM, klgraham1013 said:

For a moment, I thought this was referencing loading Kerbals in to External Seats while in the VAB.  Alas, not all reasonable things can be had this day.

Hmm, yeah we have been asking for this for years. Anyone at @SQUAD care to enlighten us why this has not been added yet?

I love the update, have not noticed any issues with 1.3.1. I found that some of 1.3.0 mods will crash the system when loading. MechJeb works fine as does Waypointmanager. ScanSat and Stage Recovery seem to work fine, also. Kerbal Alarm Clock crashes though, along with Kerbal Engineer Redux.

2 minutes ago, Hands MCML said:

I love the update, have not noticed any issues with 1.3.1. I found that some of 1.3.0 mods will crash the system when loading. MechJeb works fine as does Waypointmanager. ScanSat and Stage Recovery seem to work fine, also. Kerbal Alarm Clock crashes though, along with Kerbal Engineer Redux.

Some mods will require a recompile for 1.3.1, won't be hard but mod authors won't release until 1.3.1 is out of pre

On 8/28/2017 at 10:52 PM, Majorjim! said:

Hmm, yeah we have been asking for this for years. Anyone at @SQUAD care to enlighten us why this has not been added yet?

Because Kerbals in external command seats are actually vessels. So you are asking it to launch two vessels that are attached to each other at the same time.
The code does not support it currently.

10 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Because Kerbals in external command seats are actually vessels. So you are asking it to launch two vessels that are attached to each other at the same time.
The code does not support it currently.

OK thank you for the reply. I was pretty sure it would need to be coded, thank you for the confirmation. Any chance that code will be written in future? :sticktongue: