UomoCapra

While I understand the scope of the patch, it has left me a bit indifferent. For the first time in years I find myself largely ignoring a new version and continuing work with the old one.

And though I'm glad with the toggles for rover wheel motors since I'm closer to rebuilding my synthesizer, I do miss the options in action groups to just switch them on or off.

13 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Because Kerbals in external command seats are actually vessels. So you are asking it to launch two vessels that are attached to each other at the same time.
The code does not support it currently.

I'm confused as to how is different from launching two vessels connected by a docking port at the same time?

26 minutes ago, The_Rocketeer said:

I'm confused as to how is different from launching two vessels connected by a docking port at the same time?

Because they aren't launched as two vessels. They are launched as one vessel. with one root part. When you undock it creates a second vessel for the part/s that are detached.
But before you say, well how is that different. It's because the parts are already in the game world when that happens. The code that instantiates a vessel and it's parts and places it on the launchpad is not the same. It's not that it can't be done. I didn't say it can't be done. I said the code currently doesn't support it.

7 hours ago, JPLRepo said:

Because they aren't launched as two vessels. They are launched as one vessel. with one root part. When you undock it creates a second vessel for the part/s that are detached.
But before you say, well how is that different. It's because the parts are already in the game world when that happens. The code that instantiates a vessel and it's parts and places it on the launchpad is not the same. It's not that it can't be done. I didn't say it can't be done. I said the code currently doesn't support it.

Thanks for clearing that up JPLRepo.

A way to launch two connected but separate vessels would also be a great help in the realm of stock hinges and bearings. There could be other applications and untapped potential here. (Perhaps that would stir up Azimech's enthusiasm a bit more too :D )