New to KSP! not new to gaming

hootieleece

Hello, 

I am new to Kerbal Space Program.  I thought about buying it for a long time and finally bought it yesterday.  I am awed by the Science and engineering you have to know to complete missions and contracts. This is much harder than the Grand Strategy games I usually play(Paradox Interactive) or Football Manager.

I have a grand total of 3hrs in KSP.

Couple of Questions:

Where does one ask for help on this forum?

How to get back to base after a failed launch to recover the vehicle maybe?

That is all for now.

Hootieleece

Edited by hootieleece

Welcome aboard, @hootieleece!

I know that @Vanamonde would disagree about the challenge of strategy games, but to each his own.

1 hour ago, hootieleece said:

Where does one ask for help on this forum?

Well, right here in the Welcome Aboard section is a good place for beginner questions. If you have more specific stuff, or feel comfortable venturing out into the rest of the forum, Gameplay Questions and Tutorials is the place to be.

Don't worry, we're all friendly! :)

How to get back to base after a failed launch to recover the vehicle maybe?

Well, after a RUD, most of your debris will fall to the ground. If you watch it without switching to the KSC, then you might be able to have some survive. From there, go to the tracking station, and recover the debris on the ground.

If you don't want a RUD in the first place, I'd suggest reverting to the launch or VAB.

That is all for now.

Okey dokie!

Welcome! 

I would recommend checking out a couple of tutorials, this is rocket science after all.

This is a good one, and also a Youtuber by the name of Scott Manley has a good collection too.

Be aware of the fact that in the older version of the game, the aerodynamics were very different, so old tutorials might have misguiding information about gravity turns.