Lag Spike until Game Crash in Career (Modded 1.3)

I've run into a rather strange issue, and my troubleshooting plan has been fruitless.  I'm hoping someone might be able to give some guidance.

I've been trying to start a 1.3 career playthrough.  Mod list will be placed in spoiler below.  In my early career, first rocket to leave the atmosphere and start its burn for orbit, I start to experience lag spikes within the game.  These get progressively worse until the game stops responding and I am forced to close it.  Part makeup (stock or mod) makes no difference.

I ended up having to reinstall the game (just recopying it into the game folder to preserve saves/mods/ships) at one point to get it to launch successfully for additional troubleshooting, and I will likely do so again in my next attempt.

What is strange about this issue is that when I do the same mission profile in Sandbox mode, the lag spikes do not occur.  I get to orbit, swing around the planet, and return to Kerbin with no problems.  Admittedly I am not using the same rocket for both missions, but I do not believe that should be causing the issue.  Still, this would rule out any of the graphics based mods as a problem, along with most of the gameplay ones.  (Plus, this computer is a beast.  I know it's not a hardware limitation.)

The vast majority of the mods I am using should apply for either game mode, though as part of my troubleshooting plan I deleted [X] Science, which was the only gameplay mod I could pinpoint whose effects would be primarily felt in Career mode.  This had no effect.  I have not yet tested Science mode.

Any and all advice and suggestions would be appreciated!  I would like to be able to continue using this mod set, but can start removing any other potential conflicts.

Spoiler

All Mods for this Playthrough:

[X] Science (Deleted as part of troubleshooting, but no effect seen.)
B9 Part Switch
Better Burn Time
Community Category Kit
Community Resource Pack
Community Tech Tree
Crowd Sourced Science
Distant Object Enhancement
DMagic Orbital Science
Dynamic Battery Storage
EVE
Firespitter
Hide Empty Tech Tree Nodes
Interstellar Fuel Switch
Janitor's Closet
KAS
Kerbal Engineer
Kerbal Hacks (wearable KIS props)
KIS
MechJeb
Mk2 Expansion
Mk3 Expansion
Near Future Electrical
Near Future Solar
Final Frontier (with additional mod for rank ribbons)
Planetary Base Inc
PlanetShine
Play Your Way
RLA Stockalike
Scatterer
Science Full Reward
Pico Ports
Stock Visual Enhancements
Store My Reports
SXT (for Mk2 rotating ring)
Tac Fuel Balancer
Texture Replacer Replaced
Trajectories
Kerbal Alarm Clock
Transfer Window Planner
Universal Storage
Ven Stock Revamp
MOLE (without BARIS)

When the game crashes, you should get an output_log. If you don't get one, then go into KSP/Internal, and you should see an output_log. This is always the most recent one, so the game knows what happened the last time you played (so no progress is lost once you start the game again). Go to that log, and upload it to a file-sharing site (dropbox works the best), give us the link, and we can analyse it and try to find the problem.

Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing the game? Also, what's your computer specs (old computers can cause issues and crash the game sometimes).

Also, are all your mods up to date? Many people have had issues with the 1.3 KSP, but 1.3.1 pre-release has just been released, so you could download that one (it's a bugfix one), and see if it fixes your issues. You should uninstall all mods before updating versions, and then try out a stock playthrough (to avoid mods being outdated, causing glitches and bugs).

Jas0n: Not sure why that was the thing, but that was the thing.  I deleted Play Your Way, launched the same mission (was already on the pad, so easy), and made it through with no issues whatsoever.  I'll make my way to its thread to see if there's a fix.

Thanks much!

Update: 

So, it appears to have been a known issue for which there was an update.  And it also appears that I had seen it, as I'd already downloaded the latest version.  I simply failed to INSTALL it.  ::Facepalm.::  Well, problem solved!  New version of Play Your Way is in, and the problem did not resurface.  Thanks again!

Edited by RobFalcon
Update based on Investigation

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.